InfiniteMac OSx86  
Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Cheetah

OK check the bios and it was set to use pci as first display, changed this to peg and rebooted.

This time i got it to boot to the installer, trouble is now it is telling me that Lion cannot be installed on this computer?

what have i missed?

cheers
Old 10-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Cheetah

Usb lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippox0 View Post
How Install OSX Lion on PC

What we need:
a) an Intel Core2 Duo computer ( mine Optiplex 760)
b) an USB pen (8 Gb is fine )
c) an Hackintosh running Mac Os X to create Lion.dmg and USB Pen.

Start Mac Os X Leo /Snow Leo

0. Create OSX Lion for Hackintosh
------------------------
a. Download Lion GM/Retail (11A511 )
b. find InstallESD.dmg -> "Install Mac Os X Lion.app/Contents/ShareSupport"
Open and mount InstallESD.dmg
Show HiddenFiles -> here http://gotoes.org/sales/ShowHiddenFilesMacOSX/
Find BaseSystem.dmg inside InstallESD.dmg
Mount BaseSystem.dmg
c. Using Disk utility create an new immage.dmg DVD 4,6 Gb read and write , rename like Lion.dmg
d. Using Disk utility restore BaseSystem.dmg on new image Lion.dmg
e. mount Lion.dmg and rename volume like OSX LION
Delete packages link inside /System/installation
Copy Packages folder from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg inside /System/Installation/ folder
f. Copy needed Kexts on Lion.dmg inside /System/Library/Extentions
*fakesmc.kext
* nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext
* ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext -> this only if you experience Bios reset

Copy Mach_Kernel from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg
Copy OSinstall.mpkg patched for MBR inside /System/Installation/Packages
Copy OSinstall. patched for MBR inside /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSinstall.framwork/Versions/A folder

g. Install Extra_Lion.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?09zjtvcpqqpi9cg
h. Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?67ixrw6tjl55949
Create a folder Postinstallation on Lion.dmg and copy the two pkg and the three kexts
i. With Disk Utility repair permission on Lion.dmg

1. Create Bootable USB pen with OSX Lion
--------------------------------------------------------------
a. With Disk Utility erase USB pen
GUID + HFS+ journaled
rename it "OSX Lion Boot"
b. With Disk Utility restore Lion.dmg to USB Pen

c. Install Extra_Lion.pkg to USB Pen
Install PC-EFI 10.6.pkg to USB Pen -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?vec09o8nifdgq7n
Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg to USB Pen

2. Boot USB pen with OSX Lion and install
--------------------------------------------------------------
switch off PC
a) Boot newly created USB Pen
With Disk Utility Create a HFS+ journaled partition, rename it "OSX Lion"
( You can Install Lion on MBR or GUID partition)
(if you install over SL 10.6.6-10.6.8 , don't create a new partition and you will be able to upgrade your S.O. without loosing anything)
b) Boot again with USB pen and choose to boot HD
Install Kexts on S/L/E on HD with KextHelper -> here http://cheetha.net/
Install Extra_Lion.pkg to HD
Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg to HD
c) Done.

Enjoy your Lion

PippoX0
1) You need a computer with Mac OS
2) Use tools >>disk utilites << and format the USB flash drive 8GB minimun of GPT table.
3) Use tools >>disk utilites << Then Play Itakos L1.dmg image on a USB pendrive.
4) Run Chameleon and install on a USB stick with the first option from the top - start of the Boot.
5) End >>>>> start with BIOS from USB - installation takes 10 minutes - a real pleasure.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Cheetah

Graphic card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeamy View Post
hi. all..
i've Notebook Acer Aspire 4745g n i tried to installed OS X Lion from usb.. i'm succes to boot from usb but it stop booting like this :
** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **

how to fix that problem...
anyone can help me please...i really appreciated..
thx b4..
No select Grphic enable, no slect ATi init
Old 10-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Cheetah

Question

[quote=Create a folder Postinstallation on Lion.dmg and copy the two pkg and the three kexts/QUOTE]

Hi there, can u tell me what pkg and three kexts all did u mean by that sentence? i try to make my lion usb like ur tutorial. noob here, thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Cheetah

Lightbulb

[quote=arikstress;55740]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Create a folder Postinstallation on Lion.dmg and copy the two pkg and the three kexts/QUOTE

Hi there, can u tell me what pkg and three kexts all did u mean by that sentence? i try to make my lion usb like ur tutorial. noob here, thanks
Okay i don't care my step is wrong or not, but apparently i tried to install again with your method, and IT WORKS!!!Thank you Dude! , so much. Really appreciate it.

i was trying using tonymac's move , making bootable disk with Kakewalk, and many tutorial is not working . thank you so much ....
Old 10-28-2011, 02:48 AM
Cheetah

install error

I get as far as choosing language: English, and then get an installation error. The install log shows Dyld Error Message: Symbol not found: _OSProductManagerProductCookiefileName
Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/* /Mac OS X Installer .app/Contents/MacOS/Mac OS X Installer
Expected in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install .framework/Frameworks/OSInstall .framework/Versions/A/OSInstall

Any thoughts on this missing symbol?

Thanks!!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:51 AM
Cheetah

my system

Forgot to say:
I'm on a Dell Optiplex 755, with a FoxConn mobo (not sure of type, but the label says LS36), GPU Asus geforce 210 1GB 64bit
Old 10-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by howmanyds View Post
I get as far as choosing language: English, and then get an installation error. The install log shows Dyld Error Message: Symbol not found: _OSProductManagerProductCookiefileName
Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/* /Mac OS X Installer .app/Contents/MacOS/Mac OS X Installer
Expected in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install .framework/Frameworks/OSInstall .framework/Versions/A/OSInstall

Any thoughts on this missing symbol?

Thanks!!
Try to recreate USB Pen drive ....

iMac: Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.6 (iDeneb v1.4) - CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.0Ghz - MB: ECS P4M890T-M2 - RAM: 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz - Ethernet: RTL8139 - Audio: Realtek ALC662 - Video: nVidia Geforce 7300 512Mb - HDD: 320Gb SATA2 - DVD-RW: SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Cheetah

I didn't need to recreate the whole pen drive -- I just had to find the osinstall files for 10.7.2 and put them in their places. And then it could begin installing.

But now I'm stuck again.

The install starts with about "20 minutes remaining" and proceeds nicely until "6 minutes remaining" where it gets stuck for a long time before finally saying it can't continue and that I should contact the software vendor.

Would this be related to that third kext (ElliotForce...) which I did NOT install?

Or maybe because I skipped a step in your guide: you say to create a image and title it lion and restore the basesystem into it -- I went ahead and restored basesystem onto my pen drive and did the editing of the contents directly on the drive. As I continued through your guide I saw that you meant for the first LION image to be on the desktop?? and after doing the editing to restore it to the pen drive. Do you think this makes much difference?

THanks!!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Cheetah

I got it!

I went back and followed the procedures exactly as you've written them, except for using a later version of chameleon.

And I got in!

But not much was working, so I started with Multibeast and Using Kext helper I installed a Kext for intel Ethernet. But on restart I couldn't even get to the sign in screen. It said it failed to load Kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC

So now I'm just starting over with the reinstall of the OS

In the future, when I try a Kext that breaks my hackintosh, is there a way to get back in there and undo the changes without having to reinstall everything? Thanks!

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.