InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 11-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Cheetah

Did you guys even test your pack before posting?

PLEASE TEST YOUR SOFTWARE BEFORE CLAIMING IT WORKS PROPERLY FOR THE DELL D620/D630 and D820 or whatever. WE ALL KNOW YOUR DSDT IS NO GOOD FOR THE D630 and my D620!!!! YOUR PS2 SCROLL DRIVERS HAVE ISSUES WITH THE XML CONFIG, SINCE YOU GUYS WERE TOO STONED TO ACTUALLY DO SOME TESTING. DO YOU THINK ITS COOL TO POST FIRST ABOUT SOMETHING AND CLAIM U GOT IT WORKING? EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDN'T?

P.S. HERE IS A KEXT PACK I TESTED THAT WORKS FOR THE D620
You should edit the smbios.plist according to ur ram speed.

PLACE EXTENSIONS in /Extra/Extensions
PLACE KEXTS in /System/Library/Extensions

CHEERS NEWBS!
OH BTW, SL 10.6.0 doesn't like having kexts in /S/L/E
So I still havn't gotten Graphics working on my Quadro 110m

Btw this dell d620 with quadro 110m works fine with Kalyway 10.5.2
vanilla kernel / Nvidia inject Go driver
Attached Files
File Type: zip D620D630CSL.zip (900.7 KB, 264 views)
Old 11-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Cheetah

Hey slic!

First things first, thanks for the great work of putting all this stuff together.

People *should* understand that there are often slight differences between laptops even under the same model name. There might be several different revisions, bringing on subtle differences between hardware platforms. Thus, not everything that works for one of us perfectly, will also work for the other. Dsdt files may even differ from one bios version to the other, amount of ram, etc., on the same platform, not to mention subtle revision changes and different production lots on various components, made by the manufacturer. Therefore, getting everything right is a long and often frustrating process, and it requires a lot of patience.

And you're always much better off extracting, editing, and recompiling *your own* dsdt file, instead of randomly trying out stuff that comes from others, not necessailly / completely matching your system's hardware specs.

I'm still in the pre-install phase, putting together everything I need for my first try. I have a D830 with Nvidia Quadro NVS140M, and hopefully, it will soon run SL if I'm lucky. The final target I have on my mind will be a triple boot SL / Win7 / Ubuntu installation, but let's just take it one step at the time.

The problem I've noticed in your first post is that you have the same link posted under "Download NVIDIA installer here" and "NVIDIA Sources", they both go the installer package. I would really like to have the nVidia source package instead, as I'm trying to install Chameleon to a small 200MB EFI partition, with kekxts and everything, and then vanilla SL to a different partition.

I've found this install method posted by r0m30 on the Chameleon / VodooLabs forums, and I'd like to give it a shot.
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/inde...pic,911.0.html

I'll keep you guys posted with the results as they show up

SL 10.6.2 on Dell Latitude D830 BIOS rev.A14
CPU: Intel Mobile Core2 Duo T9500 (Penryn) 2.6GHz (SL sees 2.69)
MB/Chipset: Intel PM965 rev.C0, 82801HBM (ICH8-ME)
MEM: 4GB Hyundai PC2-5300, 2x332.5MHz, CL5/5/5/15
GFX: nVidia Quadro NVS 140M, 256MB, G86M, rev.A2 (GraphicsEnabler)
LAN: Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5755M Gbit (32-bit driver only)
Wi-Fi: Intel 4965 AGN (no drivers for SL yet)
HDD: 250GB Western Digital 5400rpm SATA2
Triple Boot (ugh baby!) Snow 10.6.2 / Ubuntu 9.10 / Win7 Ultimate 64

Last edited by s0nykus; 11-07-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nykus View Post
I've found this install method posted by r0m30 on the Chameleon / VodooLabs forums, and I'd like to give it a shot.
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/inde...pic,911.0.html

I'll keep you guys posted with the results as they show up
Hey mate, I'm on that thread as well... and this is the place I found the working kext files for my D620.

While following this process, if you happen to find the hpet.kext that was mentioned there, please do let me know! I think I'm soooo close to getting this working
Old 11-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Cheetah

Now have AppleBCM5751Ethernet 64bits kext? please let me get it,thanks!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukhuvud View Post
Hey mate, I'm on that thread as well... and this is the place I found the working kext files for my D620.

While following this process, if you happen to find the hpet.kext that was mentioned there, please do let me know! I think I'm soooo close to getting this working

Hey mate, good to see you here as well

I've patched, fixed and recompiled my very own DSDT with the koalala's DSDT Patcher GUI for windows, found on:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=142434

I've applied the fixes for HPET, RTC, Aliases, Local0 and MUTE using the patcher. Then I've manually fixed the "1 Errors, 9 Warnings, 7 Remarks" that I was getting with iasl.

It went easier than I've thought, and Google was my best friend. It helped me fix all but one remark, one that people say it can be safely overlooked. On a sidenote, I've had exactly the same results with iasl under linux, so I assume this windows version works quite identically.

Now, with a patched, cleaned and recompiled dsdt file, hopefully I won't even need a hpet kext anymore. Nor I will need the Disabler, and other dirty hacks.

msingh says that the nVidia Quadro NVS 140M on the D830 may (miraculously) work out of the box on a vanilla install.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=187356

I still have to test that one, and confirm if it's true. Maybe I'm lucky and my graphics card was natively used in some macbook variant. Otherwise, I'll have to throw in the nVidia files as well, and cook them with the rest.

I think I'll give it a shot today, and come back with more info as soon as I'll get all this stuff up and running.

Cheers, and good luck!

SL 10.6.2 on Dell Latitude D830 BIOS rev.A14
CPU: Intel Mobile Core2 Duo T9500 (Penryn) 2.6GHz (SL sees 2.69)
MB/Chipset: Intel PM965 rev.C0, 82801HBM (ICH8-ME)
MEM: 4GB Hyundai PC2-5300, 2x332.5MHz, CL5/5/5/15
GFX: nVidia Quadro NVS 140M, 256MB, G86M, rev.A2 (GraphicsEnabler)
LAN: Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5755M Gbit (32-bit driver only)
Wi-Fi: Intel 4965 AGN (no drivers for SL yet)
HDD: 250GB Western Digital 5400rpm SATA2
Triple Boot (ugh baby!) Snow 10.6.2 / Ubuntu 9.10 / Win7 Ultimate 64
Old 11-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Puma

10.6.2 Update Issues

Hi,
I tried the 10.6.2 Update through Apple Update. Deleted and replaced SleepEnabler.kext before rebooting. Seemed to update fine. However, when rebooting, it seems as though USB and Audio (and even bluetooth) no longer work. I applied the original kexts.. but no success with getting them working again. Anyone else experience this or know the fix?

Thanks

---------->
Laptop: Dell D630 w/Docking Station
Ram: 4GB
GPU: Quadro 135m
Wifi: RTL8187SE
Audio: Sigmatel 9205
Not Working: Built in Ethernet (don't need it) and primary wifi card (not yet supported)
Old 11-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Puma

How I fixed my problem after the 10.6.2 update..this is odd, but it worked for me..
First I made a copy of my screwd up SL install to a USB. Then:
1. Went to:
http://osx86sv.wordpress.com/2009/10...de-d630c-d630/
and downloaded Bootloader2. Installed the included Charmeleon 1 Installer to the USB drive, Copied included Boot to USB Drive /Volumes Folder.
2. Re-installed original Audio kexts from original D630 Package in this post (the original one, before the installer) Followed Included Directions on adding the VoodoHDA Helper and preferences.
The USB copy now has bluetooth working, audio, and USB again!!! I'm going to either do the same to my main drive or just clone it over.

Update: As mentioned in step 1.. The boot file included with that fixed almost all my issues.. It runs even better than before.. USB and Bluetooth work everytime now.. whereas before they would stop working every once in a while.

If you restart and have issues with your graphics resolution.. I just reinstalled the D630 installer package (uncheck option for reinstalling chameleon and then I used HelperKext to add SleepEnabler.kext and Natit.kext back in (to overwrite the existing bad ones). Also I dont need the Ethernet so I deleted that.

---------->
Not Working: Built in Ethernet (don't need it) and primary wifi card (not yet supported)

Last edited by blacklabelsktr2; 11-13-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Puma

USB and Bluetooth fix that worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdachs2 View Post
Meantime my Touchpad is running well. But usb & bluetooth is broken every second reboot. Which kext is responsible for these two?

Especially after runnig "diskutil repairpermission" much get broken. Why?
Radchs2, I think I found a fix for this.. See my last post. Replacing the Boot file fixed it for me. (Doesnt seem to run Chameleon RC2) but atleast usb and bluetooth no longer die every so often.

Make sure you replace the boot file using terminal: (2 lines)
sudo -s
cp /Volumes/NAME OF DRIVE/LOCATION OF BOOT YOU DOWNLOADED/Boot /Volumes/NAME OF DRIVE

---------->
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 AM
Cheetah

sound problems

I have D630 with intel video. I installed 10.6 and the kext pack.
If I boot in 64 bit mode, sound is ok, but video resolution is only 1024x768. in 32 bit video is good, but no sound.
What am I doing wrong? thanks!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Puma

32bit audio fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_nomad View Post
I have D630 with intel video. I installed 10.6 and the kext pack.
If I boot in 64 bit mode, sound is ok, but video resolution is only 1024x768. in 32 bit video is good, but no sound.
What am I doing wrong? thanks!
Not sure if this would work (it should work in 32bit mode for sure), but try fixing the sound this way. Download one of the original packs:
Old X3100 pack: http://www.box.net/shared/5dxqfrx5oz <-this one for you
Old NVIDIA pack: http://www.box.net/shared/xhi6evrq1s

1. You should see a VoodooHDA.kext. Drag it into Kext Helper b7 (download it if you dont have it)
2. Open folder called VoodooHDAHelper, drag the Voodoo HDA Helper program into your Utilities
3. Copy the folder VoodooHDA to Your_OS_X_disk/Library/
4. Add application Voodoo HDA Helper to list of login items in
System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items
5. Double click and install VoodooHDA.prefPane.

This is how I fixed my sound multiple times, works for me in 32 bit, I haven't tried 64 yet. Let me know if it works.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

---------->

Last edited by blacklabelsktr2; 11-13-2009 at 03:38 AM.