InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 11-13-2009, 03:54 AM
Cheetah

D630 sound

it worked perfectly! thank a lot blacklabelsktr2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklabelsktr2 View Post
Not sure if this would work (it should work in 32bit mode for sure), but try fixing the sound this way. Download one of the original packs:
Old X3100 pack: http://www.box.net/shared/5dxqfrx5oz <-this one for you
Old NVIDIA pack: http://www.box.net/shared/xhi6evrq1s

1. You should see a VoodooHDA.kext. Drag it into Kext Helper b7 (download it if you dont have it)
2. Open folder called VoodooHDAHelper, drag the Voodoo HDA Helper program into your Utilities
3. Copy the folder VoodooHDA to Your_OS_X_disk/Library/
4. Add application Voodoo HDA Helper to list of login items in
System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items
5. Double click and install VoodooHDA.prefPane.

This is how I fixed my sound multiple times, works for me in 32 bit, I haven't tried 64 yet. Let me know if it works.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Cheetah

need help d630

Hi all I have 2 issues.
running retail vanailla Snow Leopard

1. when install the kext pack and then reboot all I get is the loading screen with the loading icon and then a little box apears after a while with a circle with a line through it. like I can't do something but I don't know thats going on.

so I reinstalled SL...

I extracted the kexts from the pack and just installed AppleBCM5751 and my ethernet card is dected and getting a valid Ip address from my router but I'm unable to get any access outside my network. hope someone might have an idea of whats going on. thanks

running
D630
2ghz Duo core
nvidia quado nvs 135m
1gig ram
Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Puma

Ethernet Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidpilot View Post

I extracted the kexts from the pack and just installed AppleBCM5751 and my ethernet card is dected and getting a valid Ip address from my router but I'm unable to get any access outside my network. hope someone might have an idea of whats going on. thanks
You Probably just need to initialize the connection. See instructions here for help:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...en/mh1152.html

The first time I set mine up it did the same thing. After spending about a minute in the Network Connections Screen, it initialized and started actually loading websites.

---------->
Laptop: Dell D630 w/Docking Station
Ram: 4GB
GPU: Quadro 135m
Wifi: RTL8187SE
Audio: Sigmatel 9205
Not Working: Built in Ethernet (don't need it) and primary wifi card (not yet supported)
Old 11-20-2009, 05:00 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklabelsktr2 View Post
You Probably just need to initialize the connection. See instructions here for help:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...en/mh1152.html

The first time I set mine up it did the same thing. After spending about a minute in the Network Connections Screen, it initialized and started actually loading websites.
thanks for the info. after playing around in there for a few min I was able to get it working correctly.. thanks for the help
Old 11-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Cheetah

dell d630
anyone know of a kext for the Quadro 135m that works with SnowLeopard 10.6.2 also looking for kext that gets internal mic working
Old 11-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nykus View Post
Hey slic!

First things first, thanks for the great work of putting all this stuff together.

People *should* understand that there are often slight differences between laptops even under the same model name. There might be several different revisions, bringing on subtle differences between hardware platforms. Thus, not everything that works for one of us perfectly, will also work for the other. Dsdt files may even differ from one bios version to the other, amount of ram, etc., on the same platform, not to mention subtle revision changes and different production lots on various components, made by the manufacturer. Therefore, getting everything right is a long and often frustrating process, and it requires a lot of patience.

And you're always much better off extracting, editing, and recompiling *your own* dsdt file, instead of randomly trying out stuff that comes from others, not necessailly / completely matching your system's hardware specs.

I'm still in the pre-install phase, putting together everything I need for my first try. I have a D830 with Nvidia Quadro NVS140M, and hopefully, it will soon run SL if I'm lucky. The final target I have on my mind will be a triple boot SL / Win7 / Ubuntu installation, but let's just take it one step at the time.

The problem I've noticed in your first post is that you have the same link posted under "Download NVIDIA installer here" and "NVIDIA Sources", they both go the installer package. I would really like to have the nVidia source package instead, as I'm trying to install Chameleon to a small 200MB EFI partition, with kekxts and everything, and then vanilla SL to a different partition.

I've found this install method posted by r0m30 on the Chameleon / VodooLabs forums, and I'd like to give it a shot.
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/inde...pic,911.0.html

I'll keep you guys posted with the results as they show up
You can use my guide for Dell D830 SL install. All vanilla, except for one kext. See my sig.

Dell Optiplex 745 Q965 Chipset
10.5.5 retail /boot-132/ EFI.
System.plist edited to 10.5.6 (needed for iWork'09)
Intel HD Audio ADI1983.
1152x864@32bit ATI (0x1002 0x7187 0x0000) Radeon X1300. Hardware accelerated. QE supported. Can't get my monitor's 1440x900 resolution as in Linux
Network : Atheros 5005G (0x168c, 0x3A1D) card aka Atheros 2413.
Dell Latitude D830 Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M, Suspend works, hibernate/shutdown/reboot don't Snow Leopard
Old 11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Cheetah

WIth wich method did you all installed Snow Leo?

With installed 10.5.x?
Or with boot-132 disk? Which one?

I would like to do a clean fresh install of snow leo! Can you recommand me a good tutorial?

I have a D630!

Thanx,
teufel2k
Old 11-23-2009, 04:31 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by teufel2k View Post
WIth wich method did you all installed Snow Leo?

With installed 10.5.x?
Or with boot-132 disk? Which one?

I would like to do a clean fresh install of snow leo! Can you recommand me a good tutorial?

I have a D630!

Thanx,
teufel2k
just a fyi. here is the guide I used. well all I used was the bootDisk ISO and installed from DVD directly fresh. The guide has both leopard and snow. u are looking for the file. D620SLv1.ISO
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=178411

All you need to do to boot the Retail Snow leopard dvd is boot off the boot disk when u get the selections remove the disk and insert the retail dvd and press F5 until it refreashes and then select the dvd. and install.

Hope this helps. It won't get everything working. sound should work but not alot of other stuff. but the guide will have suggestions on how to get other drivers working.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Jaguar

hi all, I broke the lcd for my D630.
Why I was so long inactive.
Now I have an external monitor and I'm trying to install SNOW. If you succeed in everything and I will be back to OSX.
And because it has several new kexts, then the whole pack update!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Cheetah

Almost...

First, thanks for this installer. I have managed to get everything working on my Inspiron 1720 except the x3100 graphics. Been working on this for over a month. Am on 10.6.2 and after installing your pack, upon starting up, either in 64 or 32 the screen is blue than gets deeper in color (purplish) and thats as far as it goes. However, when I start in safe mode, i have full 1400x900 resolution and system profiler shows the kexts as loaded. Any idea why I can't boot in normal mode, 64 or 32? Used my own dsdt, maybe something in there is causing it? Kinda new to this, any help appreciated. Thanks.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.