InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 06-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by uman View Post
I've put this on hold with yesterday's news that Apple is including SD card slots on the new macbooks. I'd like to see what they have done before proceeding.
For sure they use USB SD Reader i bet on that...
Wonder where did PentiumPC go...
Maybe he can release the source for ACPI4Asus.kext to help us understand what he did and maybe someone can continue his work, if he has no time for that, for the rest of the custom "OEM" stuff that make our life's so PITA.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
I'm using the two? kexts that I found in iPC. I didn't really pay much attention to what they do. The artifacts are minor enough that I haven't bothered to track them down. I may try the DSDT approach, since I want to get better at DSDT mods, but it's so time-consuming, as you've no doubt found out!

-u
I was using Natit.kext for GMA950 on Acer Aspire 3680. No artifacts....that I can confirm. Right now I'm using EFI string. Don't forget to restore vanilla AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. Don't get excited yet, dual monitor only works with mirror mode.

I still unable to get display working with DSDT yet except for nVidia Go 7300 on Aspire 9420.

kizwan
Old 06-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
I've put this on hold with yesterday's news that Apple is including SD card slots on the new macbooks. I'd like to see what they have done before proceeding.
I only heard new iPhone is coming soon....iPhone 3G S.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Cheetah

So no news here also :/
Old 06-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Panther

King,

It may be that your DSDT just has functions defined for Windows, especially since Linux guys also had problems.

Have you talked to or contacted the people at OSXCORES? They have patched BIOSes for OSX:

M50SV AS207ASUS

M50V as209
ASUS

I'm not sure what fixes they have made, but they do custom work too. See:
http://www.osxcores.site50.net/services.htm

Perhaps they can help.
-u

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Jaguar

uman,

Just got a reply from Superhai. Its look like Superhai will not continue AMW0 project. Is there anybody interested continuing his project?

Other topic.....
Sleep:-
I found out that by deleting entry for EHCI devices in Acer Aspire 9420 DSDT, it was able to sleep. Now the EHCI devices detected as external/expansion card. Funny thing is external hard disk, which connected to EHCI port, is not turn off when putting laptop to sleep. Is this also happen with real MacBook?

I tried to compare DSDT from MacBook3,1 with mine and I found this:-
Acer Aspire 9420:-
Code:
        Method (_L03, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB1, 0x02)
        }
MacBook3,1:-
Code:
        Method (_L03, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC1, 0x02)
            Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
        }
I know that "Notify (\_SB.SLPB, 0x80)" will put computer to sleep but I don't know what "Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)" do. Do you know what "Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)" means? In my DSDT, PWRB is handle by SLPB (handle both sleep-button & power-button).

I also found "extra" method in EHCI function (MacBook3,1):-
Code:
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x07)
                        {
                            "AAPL,current-available", 
                            0x04B0, 
                            "AAPL,current-extra", 
                            0x02BC, 
                            "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                            0x03E8, 
                            Buffer (0x01)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
I think instead of removing EHCI entry from DSDT, maybe I can use this code to set EHCI device as external device. Maybe this can fix sleep issue too.

Clamshell:-
Does real MacBook automatically resume from sleep when lid is open? Or still need to push keyboard button to resume from sleep, just like windows?

kizwan
Old 06-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizwan View Post
uman,

Just got a reply from Superhai. Its look like Superhai will not continue AMW0 project. Is there anybody interested continuing his project?
I wish I could say yes, but my son's Acer has qualified for a replacement. So I won't have a machine that has an AMW0 to test. And that is a huge problem for development. As I understand it, Superhai's AMW0 basically allows you to call into the AMW0 device. The Linux project acer-acpi (and it's successor wmi-acpi) does the same, and supplies some utilities so that you can call/respond to the AMW0 methods.

The IOKit doc is pretty good at showing how to make a user-callable module that calls in-kernel routines. So if you know (or have someone who has an Acer and knows C) it shouldn't be hard to hack. My suggestion is to start a mini-group of Acer users, and see if anyone has any dev experience amongst the group.

Quote:
Other topic.....
Sleep:-
I found out that by deleting entry for EHCI devices in Acer Aspire 9420 DSDT, it was able to sleep. Now the EHCI devices detected as external/expansion card. Funny thing is external hard disk, which connected to EHCI port, is not turn off when putting laptop to sleep. Is this also happen with real MacBook?
I don't think you want to delete the EHCI devices. I think you need to Notify them like on my MacBook Pro DSDT.

Quote:
I know that "Notify (\_SB.SLPB, 0x80)" will put computer to sleep but I don't know what "Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)" do. Do you know what "Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)" means? In my DSDT, PWRB is handle by SLPB (handle both sleep-button & power-button).
The Mac has 3 devices: PWRB (power button), SLPB (sleep button), and LID0 (the lid switch). Most hackbooks don't have all of these. I believe my gateway only had SLPB (although I am not sure-- my DSDT.dsl does have a PWRB, but I may have added it).

The power button has multiple functions. Normally if you hit it, it brings up a menu to sleep, shutdown, restart or cancel. But when the Mac is already sleeping (not thru lid sleep), it will wake from sleep. there is also some programmatic control of it in the System preferences. When a Mac has slept through the lid switch, then opening the lid switch resumes the Mac.

Quote:
I also found "extra" method in EHCI function (MacBook3,1):-
Code:
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x07)
                        {
                            "AAPL,current-available", 
                            0x04B0, 
                            "AAPL,current-extra", 
                            0x02BC, 
                            "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                            0x03E8, 
                            Buffer (0x01)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
I think instead of removing EHCI entry from DSDT, maybe I can use this code to set EHCI device as external device. Maybe this can fix sleep issue too.
Strange my Macbook dsdt does not have this code AT ALL.

Quote:
Clamshell:-
Does real MacBook automatically resume from sleep when lid is open? Or still need to push keyboard button to resume from sleep, just like windows?
Opening the lid resumes from sleep.

I'm sorry I can't be of much use now. I'm hoping next week that I will find the time to backup and do a retail install of 10.5.7. Only then will I try more DSDT hacking, since right now my machine is a mess of hacked kexts!

-u

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Puma

Multiple video card mods

Has anyone done any work trying to integrate multiple video cards? I've been searching for weeks. Trying to find info regarding DSDT in general is tough.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Cheetah

[quote=candykane;26401]Fixing sleep and usb after wake up

I finally fixed sleep on my lappie!

Hi candykane,

did you already update to 10.5.8 and is your sleep fix stillworking?
Apple probably changed something in Powermanagement which is breaking sleep on most installs.
Do you use Openhaltrestart.kext or is sleep working without it?

Thanks Al
Old 08-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentiumpc View Post
change _HID to _CID

Device (PWRB)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C")) ---> Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
Name (_UID, 0xAA)
Name (_STA, 0x0B)
}

This one I got it off some site, cannot remember where. (credit goes to him/her)
This will activate your power button to bring up the shutdown menu.

hmm weird, tried doing this on my gigabyte board but the shutdown menu wont show, when i press the power button my hack will just sleep thats it

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.