InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 05-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Cheetah

Mounting Windows RAID Array under OSX Lion

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to mount my Windows RAID Array under OSX Lion. The array was created using the onboard Intel RAID utility and is often referred to as a FaidRaid configuration.

Anyways, I had no issues getting the RAID mounted under my Linux OS using mdadm.

What I would like to figure out is a way to compile mdadm under OSX to configure it to read my array, much like it does in linux. Now, if this is even possible or not is beyond me, but you don't know if you don't try, right?

It is also possible to mount the array under Linux using dmraid as well, and I know that NTFS-3G or MacFuse is actually built-on or uses dmraid in some manner because it has an error message where is states "Please see the 'dmraid' documentation", so that may be another area to explore.

If anyone has any idea how to compile either dmraid or mdadm under Mac OSX, or knows a better way to mount existing RAID arrays under OSX, please share your information!

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Cheetah

I think you have found an advantage to using hardware raid.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.