InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 09-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Puma

OS X 10.7.4 INDO on AMD FX 8150....SO CLOSE!!!

Ok..I've tried yet again to install OS X 10.7.4 INDO.

Success!! However..I am stuck at the same roadblock. I can boot into the system using

busratio=18 cpu=1 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 -v

any other combination of flags I can boot with too.. like UsekernelCache=No

anyway...when I'm actually in the system I can't for the life of me install ANYTHING! No kexts...packages..nothing! I have a hard drive to swap files between windows and OS X and half the time I can't even copy them over to my OS X drive.

I'm a lot closer to complete system than I was months ago but now I'm just plain stuck...any suggestions??? I'm ALMOST there!!!

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard
AMD FX 8-Core Processor 3.60Ghz
16GB DDR3 RAM AMD Performance Edition
EVGA GeForce GTX 570
Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Panther

Have you tried PCIRootUID=0 instead of PCIRootUID=1? That is the command that works with my hackintosh I believe.

My hackintosh is weird tho, I have to shut down my computer like 2 or 3 times sometimes just to get it to finally boot up.

My command I use is -legacy busratio=17 UsekernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Specs: Amd phenom IIx4 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz
gtx 570

I used Hazards Hackintosh Snow Leopard to install Itako's L2 Lion than I replaced the kernel with Machv4 kernel bro and Finder. So I may have done different method of installing Mac than some others on here. I did distros which is probably one of the reasons I have to boot up in a weird manner to get Mac to work. I think people on here swear by Retail saying its the better way to go and makes things run a bit better but I think I'm too stupid frankly for retail. I tried installing snow leopard retail before and failed miserably, so yeah...

Last edited by Godofwar; 10-02-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 AM
Jaguar

does your finder works for you? If not, try booting with your flags but this time add "-force64". FX series should boot at 64bit by default but i just had that problem and stuck in 32bit userland which is almost imposible to work with except from clicking few 32bit applications.

You could also try RAWX kernel. Post some screenies too.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Puma

I will try using PCIRootUID=0 instead and see where it leads me. Hopefully it will make a difference.

I will report back once I've tried it!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Puma

no luck..i can still boot into the system but for whatever reason i still cannot install ANYTHING. I think Im on the road to giving up.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Jaguar

why dont you just try to install it in your system instead of using the vmware? I dont really know if running into vmware is just the same installing it.

I would be able to share with you atleast my journey getting a lion stable at 10.7.4. :-)
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhusly View Post
why dont you just try to install it in your system instead of using the vmware? I dont really know if running into vmware is just the same installing it.

I would be able to share with you atleast my journey getting a lion stable at 10.7.4. :-)
That's what I'm actually doing now..tried both methods and led to the same end..ANY advice you can give will be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:47 AM
Jaguar

During your installation, you choose any customization for the kext to be installed?
Old 10-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Puma

yeah...cant tell you right off hand what i chose..though.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 AM
Jaguar

try reinstalling again. This time only check the amd kernel and leave everything else by default. Then if it succeed, run multibeast and then install kext one at a time so you would know what work and what not.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.