InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 03-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Cheetah

Working 8800gtx 10.5.6 qe/ci/qgl tutorial - with drivers & tools

This guide is no longer available.

Last edited by epborden; 10-20-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Cheetah

Help!

I tried your guide on my Gigabyte EX58 board with a Gainward 8800GTX, and it worked perfectly!

I used it for days... Then for some reason I did a reinstall.. No different to the install I had previously done... and now when i try to install the 8800GTX, when i reboot, I get a black screen, with only the top right part of the bar at the top showing, and when i click on things, they appear..

Before when i first tried it, I even did the 10.5.8 update, and everything was working fine.. Now when i do the update, and select the About My Mac thing, the screen just fades out and disappears, and goes like a light blue colour, and sits there..

I havent changed anything in my BIOS etc when i reinstalled.. I have done so many installs now, and i cant get this to work again.

Have you or anyone any idea what might have happened? Cos it was working fine..

Please help..
Old 08-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Cheetah

Update

In System Profiler, when it worked with my first install, it said..

Core Image: Hardware
Quartz Extreme: Supported

But now it always says

Core Image: Software
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

But why?! lol.. I havent changed anything... Why was it fine first time, and now after about 20 attempts, I keep getting this software mode and no QE... Very frustrating..

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.