PDA

View Full Version : Why wouldn't this work?

kisho
05-07-2008, 12:15 AM
hey,
i have a HP Pavilion Elite m9150f PC which i just got last week and i want to install a dual boot of Xp and Mac and my preinstalled version is vista home. I want to install Xp first but it wouldn't allow me to install, i get a blue screen saying
it has a virus. So does anyone please tell me how to install XP on my new PC.
Thanks in advance

WinLinMac01
05-07-2008, 12:17 AM
You have to remove vista first since XP is an older version. The best ideal way to do this is wipe your hard drive, and replace the ones with zeros, formatting at least. From there you can install xp, and dual boot with Mac later on. enjoy =)

kisho
05-07-2008, 12:28 AM
WinLinMac01,
I'm really not good at this is so can you please tell me how to wipe my hard drive and "replace the ones with zero".
Thanks

WinLinMac01
05-07-2008, 03:10 AM
Download Acronis Disk Director or any other formatting utility, and format the hard drive you want to install XP on. Everything is pretty straightforward once you pop in the disk. Full Format is better than Quick, because Quick only erases the first few sectors of the HDD. It can take up to more than an hour to format your HDD varying on the HDD capacity. For me to format a 500 GB would take 4 hours minimum with a Western Digital Formatting utility. Format, and install Windows XP. I assume you know how to install XP and take of the rest. My email is [email protected] if you ever need me when I am not available on the forums. =)

kisho:WinLinMac01,
I'm really not good at this is so can you please tell me how to wipe my hard drive and "replace the ones with zero".
Thanks

kisho
05-07-2008, 03:58 AM
WinLinMac01,
thanks i will try this out and tell you how it goes.
thanks once again