PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba woe's

samandsonsnh
05-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Ok so I have been trying to get a successful instal with tons of issues. I had recently posted but I am starting a new discussion as I am now using rev.2 and have a new set of problems. For some history here I have a dell inpsiron that works great using kalyway 10.5.2amd-intel. My problem pc is my Toshiba P305D-S8818. I have used all the available installers jas,kalyway and zep r.1 with no luck. Now I just got zep's r.2 and things are better however- The install disk only seems to boot 1 out of about 50 times. The times I did get it to boot I was able to complete the install however after that I could not get it to boot. I am installing on an external usb hard drive as I am sick of killing my vista internal. Until last night every which way i did the install i just got a blinking cursor upon reboot, finally using my usb drive partitioned as mbr with 2 partitions it was able to boot. The latest install was last night just before bed when I got up this morning it had rebooted after instal and was on the welcome screen however the keyboard was frozen grrrr. So I rebooted and and have not been able to get back in since. I am sometimes getting the calibation failed error and sometimes I get the grey apple screen with freeze after a few mins. I have tried cpus=1, platform=acpi and non-acpi, -x, -v, -f, -s as well to no avail. I did at one point using -v get a message about "loading a NTFS driver" and then it froze after that. I have also read somewhere on here that the calibation issue can be fixed by setting the bios time back a few hour that also had no luck. I have also read about turing of the acpi setting in the bios but mine is very very limited and had no options for that. Another question is, is it ok to to use my dell to run the installer ont o my external as the dvd boots everytime from there and then transfer to my toshiba? Are some of the settings on install made by the host pc at install??. Thanks for reading this long post and if anyone has any ideas please get back to me as im pulling my hair out over here.

Toshiba P305D-S8818
AMD Turion 64x2AMD M690G chipset
250GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive
ATI RadeonTM X1250 128MB-831MB
Atheros802.11 b/g wireless-LAN

bhast2
05-16-2008, 07:08 AM
did you try leo4all???

WinLinMac01
05-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Reportedly, Leo4All & Kalway works beautifully for Toshiba Laptops. =)