PDA

View Full Version : Psystar Updates

bhast2
05-17-2008, 01:56 AM
Safe updates, as well as bug fixes and workarounds, are now available in our Support section. We have released a couple of fixes for things like Time Machine as well as a fix for DHCP issues that some customers are having. Computers shipped as of today have all updates available preinstalled with Leopard. Please check our website regularly as we will begin releasing safe updates through the operating system's Automatic Updates and will require all of our existing users to download a small update manually and install it to enable this functionality.

http://www.psystar.com/open_computer_updates.html

pαuℓzurrr.
05-17-2008, 02:45 AM
What make's the prystar hackintosh different from other intel hackintoshes?
'normal' intel hackintoshes can update right?

xx66stangxx
05-18-2008, 01:01 AM
p-J:What make's the prystar hackintosh different from other intel hackintoshes?
'normal' intel hackintoshes can update right?
Not all updates. For example if you were to try and update your intel hackintosh to 10.5.3 it would crash your system you need to have it patched before you could update it. Correct me if I am wrong.

bhast2
05-18-2008, 02:39 AM
yeah you would need to have it patched and they took out the software update on the system
so this is their way for people to update

what i found neat is they are going to make a app for them to run on the computer to download right from their website

zephyroth
05-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Psystar is shit ...

Can you please explain to me :

Why would you buy a PC based computer from Shitstar to run Mac OS X when you can run it freely on your existing PC ?

Moreover why would you buy a PC based computer from Shitstar when you can wait and buy a real Mac on which you will be able to run Mac OS X flawlessly without any problem ?

In fact why would you talk about Shitstar ?

WinLinMac01
05-20-2008, 12:21 AM
LOL, LMAO, zephyroth has a good point. =))

dpollard55
05-20-2008, 12:25 AM
I agree with Zephyroth on this issue. The Psystar offering isn't any better or worse than what most people can do on their own. I have an AMD system and all I did was pop the DVD in the drive, boot up and install. OK so I had to buy a $15 LAN card because my onboard didn't work, but other than that everything is fully functional. I can't speak for the others, but Zephyroth has made his Leopard releases easy as pie to install so why bother with a Psystar? They are a little overpriced in my opinion. No monitor, mouse, or keyboard.... might as well get a Mini and have a real Mac.