PDA

View Full Version : Difference between original OSX and OSx86 (AMD)?

kourosh
01-27-2008, 10:15 PM
I was just curious to see what has actually been changed to run on AMD systems, from an original disc.

EFI + AppleSMBIOS.kext, CPUIDs fixed, new kernel, added kexts for other hardware...

Anything else modified?

Just curious ;)

zephyroth
01-27-2008, 10:20 PM
OSInstall.mpkg has been modified too because in the script there were some instructions that were specific to Mac.

kourosh
01-27-2008, 10:23 PM
so all other kexts are vanilla?

zephyroth
01-27-2008, 10:30 PM
yes

lugmor
01-28-2008, 04:04 AM
I have problem with AMD install. Everything go's ok till start to boot and after a wihle kernel 9.1.0 toh and ... and thats it what do I need to do because i want to install it and to work on my spec:
AMD X2 6000
Gigabyte GA M52l S3
2 GB ram
500 GB SG Baracuda ( can't format or erase)
160 GB WD working good with Tiger 10.4.9 v.14.a

I try ppf file for AMD Iatkos and this 10.5.1 AMD and still nothing only Tiger can work with 1 core and 1 GB of ram ( don't know why)
I'm asking you people what to do to make my install go to it's end (good and successful hakintosh).
I will listen any advice just to install it the way it need to be installed.
Zephyroth thanks in advance for making dream come to life.
Please help me.

cgsheen
01-28-2008, 04:26 AM
@lugmor
Sounds like you've got the nvidia "kernel panic" because you didn't boot in "safe mode" and haven't removed the nvidia related .kexts from the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

See this: http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc1

You can do the same thing this way:
Start or Restart the computer - boot off installation HD
Press any key during the "boot options" countdown
type: -x
hit Enter - this starts OSX in "safe mode"
It should eventually start the graphical mode and enter the Initial Setup screens.
If you make it safely past "Account Creation", you'll be in the OS X Desktop
Use "Finder" - choose your install disk and navigate through these folders:
System / Library / Extensions
In the Extensions folder move ALL .kext files that begin "geforce" ( geforce*.kext ) to the Trash bin
Do the same with all files that begin "nv*.kext - they're all nvidia related.
Empty the Trash bin to permanently delete these files.
You should be able to Restart and boot into the Desktop normally from here.
The next step is to find the proper .kexts or installer for your video card (and other hardware that may not yet be working properly...

lugmor
01-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks. Finally it's working. I remove all kext u told me and works fine. Problem is with booting. Can't boot at all that i can remove kext's but i boot it with installed tiger. I will find the way to boot it without tiger.
Thanks in advance for all info's u told me to.