PDA

View Full Version : nvidia 8800 gt 512 mb oc (sonic)

BigBadBen
06-07-2008, 04:09 AM
-does someone had install, the nvidia driver and the 512 patch with out having a kernel attack..

-looks like it does not work here

milanca
06-07-2008, 06:49 PM
what is happening, you have kernel panic when you installed nvidia drivers and nvinject?

BigBadBen
06-07-2008, 10:50 PM
milanca:what is happening, you have kernel panic when you installed nvidia drivers and nvinject?

EXACT! :)

milanca
06-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Are you using 10.5.2 or did you update to 10.5.3? I am using nvidia drivers from 10.5.3 update with efi gfx strings. I have some confirmations that 8800GT-512 is working great on 10.5.3 with efi strings. (i have 8800gts-320mb but as i said i have some confirms. on your v.card model also). So my advise is to update to 10.5.3 if not already and do it via efi. If you have problems with adding it i'll happily walk you through. cheers!

BigBadBen
06-08-2008, 12:57 AM
milanca:Are you using 10.5.2 or did you update to 10.5.3? I am using nvidia drivers from 10.5.3 update with efi gfx strings. I have some confirmations that 8800GT-512 is working great on 10.5.3 with efi strings. (i have 8800gts-320mb but as i said i have some confirms. on your v.card model also). So my advise is to update to 10.5.3 if not already and do it via efi. If you have problems with adding it i'll happily walk you through. cheers!
- I'm on zephyroth 10.5.2
- The only way to install is without video drivers. (or else Kernel Panic)
- After a successfull install,if I discide to install video driver from zephyroth dvd (with pacifist),
at the next boot I have a Kernel Panic...BOUHOUHOUUUUU. :(

And when I update with ASU 0.5, the application causes a kernel panic when it tries to patch the 10.5.3 update after it downloaded, so I really can't go on 10.5.3 for now, because it just doesn't work.. SNIF SNIF..

So if you say I have to go on 10.5.3, I'll have to figure how to update without the kernel panic..

And If you want to try risking your time helping me and others, surely would it be appreciated

Mod Notice: No caps please, your post has been edited! Thank you.

milanca
06-08-2008, 02:12 AM
dude, i am really not sure why you always have kernel panic.. do you install kernel after update? find 9.3.0 kernel for amd and install it after update, or kalyway10.5.3 combo kernel package.

Voyn1x
06-08-2008, 12:11 PM
As you have managed to install without video drivers, try making a efi gfx string instead:

http://osx86.wikidot.com/how-to-s#toc6

rohitkpatil
06-08-2008, 01:45 PM
@ BigBadBen

Why dont you post your entire system configuration ?

First try installing latest Nvinstaller v.51 :http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

Else try folowing

First remove previouly installed video Kexts.

Download Nvinstaller .41 (From the same site given above), do not install.

Download these patched Kext : http://rapidshare.com/files/120964256/8800_Mac.zip

Assuming you have installed either GFX string or Nvinject Kext (Do not install both). Add these given Kexts with the help of Kext Helper software.

Open the Nvinstaller .41 package with pacifist. go in to -- contents of macbookpro105->system->Library->Extensions drop down-> and select the following remaining files , rite clk on to them and clk "install at default location"

Geforce8xxxGLdriver.bundle
GeforceGA.plugin
GeforceVAdriver.bundle
IONDrvsupport.kext

After that rite clk on "Frameworks" folder and select install at default location.

Repair extensions permissions. Flush cache and all.

Reboot with -f

Let me know if it works

BigBadBen
06-08-2008, 04:08 PM
rohitkpatil=Why dont you post your entire system configuration ? YES SIR!! :)

cpu = AMD x 2 64bits 6400 (3,2)
mb = M2N-E sli (asus)
video = 2 x nvidia geforce 8800 gt 512mb sonic (palit)
ram = 8 gig ddr2 800mhz ram (patriot)
hd = 1 x 40 gig (ibm)
ethernet = builtin
wifi = airplus dwl-g520 pci adapter(d-link)
wifi = usb tew-424ub 54m usb dongle, rtl8187b_wlan_adapter (trendnet)Works with the realtek software
sound = builtin
keyboard = mec (z-board)
mouse = g5 (logitech)
box = 900 (antec)
screen = 32" proton lcd

rohitkpatil=ill try the first method first and let you know.i have no video driver installed.

Voyn1x=yes i have a succesfull install without the video driver.ill have a look at the link you provided.

im sorry for the caps lock, wen i finished my text i saw it was on and i was too lazy to retipe everything.
Sorry

BigBadBen
06-08-2008, 04:23 PM
rohitkpatil = look at the image....it looks like its works...NO??

version5.1

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9523/screen1ay6.th.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen1ay6.jpg)

rohitkpatil
06-08-2008, 08:27 PM
BigBadBen:rohitkpatil = look at the image....it looks like its works...NO??

version5.1

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9523/screen1ay6.th.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen1ay6.jpg)

I dont understand the language, but i think Quartz Extreme is not ON. I see that you are running SLI. I do not know how well Leopard recognises that.
Comparing the word "Hardware in your image, the Core Image section is saying "Hardware" so thats working.
There is also one Rotation menu missing. No idea regarding that. I will recommend you using single card.

BigBadBen
06-08-2008, 09:58 PM
ok

BigBadBen
06-09-2008, 01:02 AM
I see that you are running SLI. I do not know how well Leopard recognises that.

http://store.apple.com/ca/configure/MA970LL/A?mco=NzQ3Njkz

iff u check here you can at the apple store, you have the possibality of putting 2 graphic card in 1 macpro.
i not shure how apple call there sli, but they must have something similar

rohitkpatil
06-09-2008, 05:35 AM
BigBadBen:I see that you are running SLI. I do not know how well Leopard recognises that.

http://store.apple.com/ca/configure/MA970LL/A?mco=NzQ3Njkz

iff u check here you can at the apple store, you have the possibality of putting 2 graphic card in 1 macpro.
i not shure how apple call there sli, but they must have something similar

They are giving support for multiple ATI cards that is for Crossfire not SLI, But still you can expect them to work but should not expect getting performance boost, as i dont think Nvidia will be making SLI optimised drivers for Mac.

Further even ATI multiple cards performance is questionable, as they are saying "Select a higher-performance card for more advanced graphics work, or add more than one card to power an array of displays simultaneously for visualization projects and large display walls" ..... :)

Anyways, you try following my other procedure in my previous post.

BigBadBen
06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
im not shure what exactly your talking about??
i did install the nvidia installer ( NVinstaller v.52 )
is that what you mean?

Voyn1x
06-09-2008, 01:44 PM
I think rohitkpatil means try removing a gfx card and get that working first.

AFAIK Crossfire and SLI will not work with Hackintosh.

rohitkpatil
06-09-2008, 03:15 PM
BigBadBen:im not shure what exactly your talking about??
i did install the nvidia installer ( NVinstaller v.52 )
is that what you mean? Voyn1x:I think rohitkpatil means try removing a gfx card and get that working first.

AFAIK Crossfire and SLI will not work with Hackintosh.

Yeah if you can be with one card then it will be fast and easy.

Else as i posted previously, if NVinstaller v.52 not running , follow the remaining post part..i.e. ---

First remove previouly installed video Kexts.

Download Nvinstaller .41 (From the same site given above), do not install.

Download these patched Kext : http://rapidshare.com/files/120964256/8800_Mac.zip

Assuming you have installed either GFX string or Nvinject Kext (Do not install both). Add these given Kexts with the help of Kext Helper software.

Open the Nvinstaller .41 package with pacifist. go in to -- contents of macbookpro105->system->Library->Extensions drop down-> and select the following remaining files , rite clk on to them and clk "install at default location"

Geforce8xxxGLdriver.bundle
GeforceGA.plugin
GeforceVAdriver.bundle
IONDrvsupport.kext

After that rite clk on "Frameworks" folder and select install at default location.

Repair extensions permissions. Flush cache and all.

Reboot with -f

Let me know if it works

BigBadBen
06-09-2008, 09:25 PM
rohitkpatil:@ First remove previouly installed video Kexts.

ok!
i tried looking for kext in spotlight, and cant find anything under that name to erase?!
btw,thx 4 help

rohitkpatil
06-10-2008, 05:08 AM
BigBadBen: rohitkpatil:@ First remove previouly installed video Kexts.

ok!
i tried looking for kext in spotlight, and cant find anything under that name to erase?!
btw,thx 4 help

If you using Leo4all V2, run videoRemove script, if Leo4all v3 , run ./options in that remove video kext or boot in using -x, and remove kext from system/Library/extensions/ .. all which i mentioned earliar.

Repair extensions, Reboot with -f

Now follow the procedure

BigBadBen
06-10-2008, 04:59 PM
rohitkpatil:
If you using Leo4all V2, run videoRemove script, if Leo4all v3 , run ./options in that remove video kext or boot in using -x, and remove kext from system/Library/extensions/ .. all which i mentioned earliar.

Repair extensions, Reboot with -f

Now follow the procedure

I run zephyroth...so dont know if it is based on leo2 or 3?

BigBadBen
06-10-2008, 05:02 PM
After installing the 4.1 with pacifist would i be ok to upgrade to 5.2(NVinstaller)?

rohitkpatil
06-10-2008, 05:55 PM
BigBadBen:After installing the 4.1 with pacifist would i be ok to upgrade to 5.2(NVinstaller)?

Direct upgrading wont help you if the files are not patched. Its happeneing due to Device ID mismatch for 8800 GTs. Thats why you gotta follow entire procedure.

I havent tested v52 so i cant comment on that. If v41 working for you no need to upgrade to v52.

BigBadBen
06-10-2008, 09:36 PM
rohitkpatil: BigBadBen:After installing the 4.1 with pacifist would i be ok to upgrade to 5.2(NVinstaller)?

Direct upgrading wont help you if the files are not patched. Its happeneing due to Device ID mismatch for 8800 GTs. Thats why you gotta follow entire procedure.

I havent tested v52 so i cant comment on that. If v41 working for you no need to upgrade to v52.

ok tank you! :)

BigBadBen
06-11-2008, 02:55 AM
after putting kext with helper soft and installing the file you asked by default place with pacifist(NVinstaller4.1).
repaired permission, flush the history.
reboot.
-f at boot
it goes to the grey screen with the greyer apple in the middle, the after a couple off seconds(lets say 30sec)the monitor goes off, but the computer still goes on.like iff its not finish to boot..the wifi light is on.
i just cant see a screen but i think the computer is ok

rohitkpatil
06-11-2008, 07:37 AM
BigBadBen:after putting kext with helper soft and installing the file you asked by default place with pacifist(NVinstaller4.1).
repaired permission, flush the history.
reboot.
-f at boot
it goes to the grey screen with the greyer apple in the middle, the after a couple off seconds(lets say 30sec)the monitor goes off, but the computer still goes on.like iff its not finish to boot..the wifi light is on.
i just cant see a screen but i think the computer is ok

First try changing the DVI connection port of the card from back. and then try again.

If its not working then try booting with -x mode

BigBadBen
06-11-2008, 11:25 AM
the dvi port is first thing i chande.

and not working.

so at boot i did ( -x ) and press enter.

nothing new is done, it goes to grey screen with apple, and after 30 sec goes black and computer still going on.
after 5 miutes. computer stop making noise( hd ) and the wifi looks to be on.

rohitkpatil
06-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Try asking zephy himself

else.....the only thing i can advice now is to try different revision of Leopard.

Give it a try for Leo4all V3. Sometimes some revision suits for certain systems. Considering Leo is for Universal Intel/AMD platform, try it.

BigBadBen
06-11-2008, 05:01 PM
ok..thx 4 your help.
im redownloading zeph, maybe something was corruped on the dvd???

i already tried leo4all3 and it looks ok. never check if the video was working, but it was not crashing at install with my 2 8800gt in sli.

what i didnt like about leo4all3 compare to zephyroth is there is not the loggin screen like a mac(grey screen and grey apple.(or maybe there's a way to install,activate this later in the process??)
thats why i choose zeph, and another thing it for AMD. so i tought it was the best that suit my pc comfig.

rohitkpatil
06-11-2008, 06:44 PM
BigBadBen:ok..thx 4 your help.
im redownloading zeph, maybe something was corruped on the dvd???

i already tried leo4all3 and it looks ok. never check if the video was working, but it was not crashing at install with my 2 8800gt in sli.

what i didnt like about leo4all3 compare to zephyroth is there is not the loggin screen like a mac(grey screen and grey apple.(or maybe there's a way to install,activate this later in the process??)
thats why i choose zeph, and another thing it for AMD. so i tought it was the best that suit my pc comfig.

You just gotta go to /library/preferences/systemconfiguration and in com.apple.boot.plist ...remove the -v string...and you will get boot screen

BigBadBen
06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
thx

BigBadBen
06-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I dont know if it would help!!

My install dvd is called:
Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI

The one im downloading and installing tonight is:
Zephyroth's Leopard 10.5.2 AMD EFI Rev2

this might be my problem, no??
Is there enough difference bethween the 2 to make a difference??

BigBadBen
06-13-2008, 05:15 PM
No! ;(
samething happen's.(with zeph version2)
Ill try with leo4all and let you know.

BigBadBen
07-17-2008, 01:19 PM
rohitkpatil:Try asking zephy himself

else.....the only thing i can advice now is to try different revision of Leopard.

Give it a try for Leo4all V3. Sometimes some revision suits for certain systems. Considering Leo is for Universal Intel/AMD platform, try it.

i change to leo4allv3 and change my old ata for a new sata2 250 gig for this install.
same things happened after all the process. i have a black screen after the logo boot?

any idea someone?