PDA

View Full Version : NVidia GeForce - Dual Monitor support?

Pookeye
06-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi,
I was wondering how to get dual monitor support with my geforce card. I have a geforce 6600GT with dual DVI,

I think i have to add NVCAP or something, and have scoured all over the net trying to find some how to, and I havent had any luck, does anyone have any idea, and if you do, can you lead me the correct path to getting dual monitor support.

thanks,

BigBadBen
06-11-2008, 05:05 PM
iff possible, i would like to know too :)

Pookeye
06-11-2008, 05:43 PM
anyways after some digging, I got to understand some of it, i think its NVCAP issue, problem is no good tutorial out there for this..

anyways here is what i gathered..

1.) need to obtain VGA rom of video card (i have NO IDEA how to do this yet)
2.) get Arti's NVCAP generator from NVinject's forums and then generate the NVCAP
3.) then use that NVCAP put it on the geforce.kext, or the NVkush.kext or NVinject.kext info.plist and then test

then dual display should show up..

but all comes down to getting that VGA rom

and how and where to put it on the nvinject.kext's info.plist or NVKush's..

either way, if ANYONE can help that would be HIGHLY Appreciated...

Pookeye
06-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Well, it turns out you do need to get the NVCAP and what not, thanks to mIRC and Diabolik's help (NVKush guy) anyways, turns out that you need to go to windows, get a software that can get the geforce rom from your video card. then afterwards, go back to mac, then run the NVCAP generator from NVinject's forums...

then use the generator to get the NVCAP...

then download NVKush, Natit, or last but not least NVInject then once you downloaded those, you need to install it using the install procedures, (whether it has an installer, or use the procedures for install on NVinject's forum.)

then afterwards you need to download a plist editor software.. (REALLY HELPFUL) I used PLIST EDITOR PRO

then open up info.plist from the video kexts.

then modify the NVCAP from your generator and put it on the plist editor..

then... restart..

and if it doesnt work, try different NVCAPs, and or different video drivers...

soo i tried every NVCAP at the end, and it didnt work... soo i downloaded someone else's geforce 6600 Nvinject.kext and took the NVCAP and used it for NVKUSH and Natit... and it didnt work for me...

looks like signal was sent to second port, but nothing on screen... sooo i installed that guy's nvijnect.kext from him and it worked magically...

soo i looked at NVinject's site and they have a driver for DUAL (dual monitors) so i downloaded that one, (cause the one i used by that guy was an older driver)

then i downloaded newest NVinject, and used NVCAP from the other one, and boom.. it worked..

i will be in the works in trying to modify NVkush with NVinject's settings for DUAL..

because I like NVkush's video better...

Pookeye
06-13-2008, 12:57 AM
1.) use Windows get geforce bios ROM
2.)download NVCAP generator and use ROM and get NVCAP
3.)install video drivers (NVinject, Natit, NVkush) (MUST DO IT PROPERLY)
4.)download plist editor
5.) open up info.plist from the video drivers (in the extensions folder)
6.)Add NVCAP from your generator.
7.)then restart with -F on darwin..

and if it doesnt work, just change the NVCAP to different values, until you get one that works... or try changing video drivers with different NVCAPs too.