PDA

View Full Version : Leo4Allv3 Installed - Impressions

milanca
06-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Just installed it on my spare partition, actually yesterday. Havent tried it before as i am using Zephyrots'10.5.2 v2 updated to 10.5.3.

IMHO Very very nice! i updated it to 10.5.3, added gfx strings and audio, its working like a charm.

I had a minor issue which i fixed today. Somehow i missed the option in 'Customizing installation' regarding ACPIplatform in spite of several offered options. Older version was installed which was preventing system to reboot properly. I could shutdown but when i want to restart, system would just freeze. Installed AppleACPIplatform 1.2.1 now and everything is working like a charm.

Tested CS3, Autodesk Maya, Toast (now its burning cds/dvds on my sata dvd-rw)

Great job on this one! And a note to the guys who wish to install it to pay attention when customizing install; eddie offered so many options, for newer or older machines, some choices (or letting the installation install its default choices) may or may not work on your system.

milanca
06-13-2008, 07:41 PM
I tested it completely.
Dvd burning worked right after installation, yes with roxio toast 9. I installed no chipset kexts (sb600 for my board) during installation so drives in bios were set to sata->ahci mode. Toast works fine, no errors or whatsoever.

Later i installed chipset kexts, booted in native ide mode. This way i cant burn, 0x20 illegal request (or something like that). So if i want to burn i have to set drives to sata->ahci and then burn with toast.

rohitkpatil
06-14-2008, 08:14 AM
How do you set drivers SATA -> AHCI ?

My SATA Controller is different. (Also i dont have option in motherboard settings to enable AHCI)

StealthMode
06-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Do you have any reboot issues? For some reason I can't restart all the way, I get to where the screen goes blank, but then it hangs, and I have to hit the reset button. I am using AppleACPIplatform 1.2.1, then I installed the one from Zeph 10.5.2 Rev2 because that partition does reboot fine.

rohitkpatil
06-15-2008, 05:38 AM
No i dont have any reboot issues. Everything is working perfect, except DVD/CD burning.

StealthMode
06-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Cool, wish I could get mine to work 100%... Everything else seems to work except my mouse stutters when I am transferring files and the reboot problem.

rohitkpatil
06-15-2008, 10:23 AM
StealthMode:Cool, wish I could get mine to work 100%... Everything else seems to work except my mouse stutters when I am transferring files and the reboot problem.
First try to change APIC ACPI settings in BIOS to S3.

Then if your mouse/keyboard (wireless) is from Logitech then there is Driver direct from apple. Search on their site. (Logitech control ceter installer)
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/494/3129&cl=us,en

Shift to USB keyboard and mouse. That works the best.

StealthMode
06-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Already there :) Still does it. Sleep only seems to work with S1 too.

naquaada
06-16-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm happy that in 10.5.3 / 9.0.3 kernel the computer doesn't go in sleep mode no more if I press the power button. The system was awaking, but not the gfx card :-P

@ StealthMode:

Could you post your system configuration please?

StealthMode
06-17-2008, 03:57 AM
AMD Opteron 165
DFI nForce4 Ultra-D
2gb G.Skill
nVidia 8800GT OC (Q/E, C/I in Tiger and Leo)
120gb SATA (Leo)
250GB SATA (XP)
250GB SATA (TimeMachine)
500GB SATA (Files)
Buffalo Wireless NIC (Broadcom)

snyder9
06-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Installed leo4all v3.
I can't reset or shutdown properly. I used AppleACPIplatform 1.2.1 during install.
I got kexts from the working zephyroth install. So how exactly do I fix this issue?

milanca
06-19-2008, 12:35 AM
take a glance at my post above, i had similar issue and fixed it by installing ACPI kext from zephyrot's dvd image.

naquaada
06-19-2008, 06:45 PM
I now have problems with the options in the Quicktime DivX codec and during installation of xcode the system crashes, next reboot gets a kernal panic. This wan't on 10.5.1, have to check why this happens now.

Voyn1x
06-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi Naquaada,

Your kernel panic is probably caused by the chud framework that installs with xcode.

http://www.infinitemac.com/kernel-panic-after-installing-xcode-on-osx86/

naquaada
06-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Hmm, thanks for the info. But it doesn't even finish the installation, it crashes earlier. So not all components of Xcode will be installed and this is bad.

Puttabong
06-20-2008, 01:16 PM
naquaada, I believe the XCode crashing issue is related to 10.5.2+, because at 10.5.1 this didn't happen to me either.

However, when I installed XCode on my 10.5.2 system, the system crashed almost at the end of the install.
I rebooted and had to fix the CHUD kernel error. After that XCode worked fine, even though it didn't seem to have finished the installation, which it apparently did.