PDA

View Full Version : PKG,s

LawlessPPC
06-26-2008, 07:45 PM
having big problems trying to build a pkg that I can use in osinstall.mpkg. So I ask the real genius out there if they can supply me with a 9.3.0 modbin kernel & system kext installer to run within osinstall. I dont want it with any options other than to just perform the install. So no multiple choice for different kernels just 9.3.0 modbin and the relevant system kext.
Or if there is an amazing guide on how to build a pkg then Im all eyes.
Thanx in advance
LawlessPPC

ps Zeph perhaps you could help ( I did make a small donation in appreciation of your work)

zephyroth
06-26-2008, 08:24 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/125228206/ModbinKernel.pkg.html

:-)

LawlessPPC
06-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Zeph thanx for the rapid responce is there any chance of having the project of the pkg i mean the prebuild then I can see how to make 1 properly.
Thanx in advance
LawlessPPC

zephyroth
06-26-2008, 09:31 PM
I forgot to mention that the identifier of the package is "com.apple.pkg.ModbinKernel"

Here's a little how-to:

First you need to create a folder which will contains all files you want to add in you package.
As an example, the folder I created for ModbinKernel.pkg is named "ModbinKernel" (as you wish) and contains :
- mach_kernel
- mach_kernel.ctfsys
- System
--- Library
------ Extensions
--------- System.kext

You need to create the right folders like I did for System.kext

Once you have done, open /Developer/Applications/Utilities/PackageMaker.app.
Fill the "Organization" text field (i.e: com.apple.pkg or com.lawlessPPC.pkg)
Choose the Minimum target.
Click Ok.
Drag and drop the folder containing all your files in the content tab.
Give an identifier to your package (com.apple.pkg.YOURPACKAGE or com.lawlessPPC.YOURPACKAGE ... etc)
Click on "Contents" then click on Apply Recommendation (It should set the right permissions for all files in your package).
I say it should because sometimes ... it doesn't.

Click on "Build" or "Build and Run".

If you need to add some scripts I can explain you too. But not now !

zephyroth
06-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Oups sorry !
I removed myself from the "Who's online panel".
I thought this option applies only for me (as I already know if I'm online or not it's not necessary to show me in the list ... :-)) but I never thought you couldn't see me !

You know what ... I was asking me who could be this phantom user too... Damn sometimes I'm idiot ...

:-)))))))

milanca
06-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Very nice zephyrot! respect dude! you really deserve it, not just for making great install images, but also for every other aspect you help the community. cheers!

LawlessPPC
06-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Zeph thankyou for a nice full explanation that will help greatly.

Thanx
LawlessPPC

LawlessPPC
06-26-2008, 11:50 PM
@ Milanca

Yet another miggy user according to the avatar

LawlessPPC
06-26-2008, 11:56 PM
so if ive got this right the folders you create would not need to be done in ICEBERG as this app handles the directory hierarcy. But still gonna stick with PackageMaker. So the golden rule according to this is build the install exactly as you would want it to appear on the drive.
Thanx
LawlessPPC

LawlessPPC
06-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Another question while im at it do the files in this archive ie system.kext get altered once they have been install or a system has booted with them. ie you cant just use system.kext that has previously been installed on another system (provided its the same cpu)

Thanx In Advance
LawlessPPC

zephyroth
06-27-2008, 12:21 AM
You want to know if the files in the package are modified after an installation ? You mean inside the package ?
If this is what you want to know, the answer is no.

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 12:47 AM
well even another hurdle my package has been successfully created and I can run the install fine but osinstall claims there is no software to install. My pkg when examined with flat package editor has a different tree of files to yours. Sorry to keep bothering you. Before you read any of what I upload its very hacky but hey we all gotta start somewhere.

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 12:49 AM
heres a log

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 12:49 AM
is there a way to send you the pkg

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 12:50 AM
i know i could just use your pkg but i really want to understand this.

zephyroth
06-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Upload your pkg on rapidshare and give me the link.

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 01:13 AM
http://rapidshare.com/files/125278940/Kernel-9.3.0.pkg.html

zephyroth
06-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Did you replace "Untitled" by another name ? If yes, you didn't create a package but a distribution and OSInstall don't like that.

EDIT: I've open your pkg with Pacifist and it seems the answer is yes. You have created a metapackage (distribution) and this kind of pkg is not supported by the Mac OS Installer. Make sure to create simple package.

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 01:27 AM
ah sound likely
thanx i'll try

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 01:31 AM
at last my pkg looks like yours now to try to install it

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 01:32 AM
i really do appreciate all this effort

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 01:51 AM
just tolet you know have just manage to build my own install all on the back of your work and ZEF (chameleon) that will boot into 10.5.2 with 9.3 kernel on phenom.

Thanx again
if i can return the favour i will

L8rs LawlessPPC

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 02:05 AM
to anyone else thats interested in a phenom complete install solution this could possibly appear somewhere as a full iso with the permission of zephyroth and zef. But not too soon as I need to make it a little easier for others to understand install options. Hopefully im not doubling up on zephs work.
L8rs
LawlessPPC

DoiX
06-27-2008, 02:17 AM
we could make a ppf patch for zeph currrent iso with all the things that are necessary for phenom users :)

milanca
06-27-2008, 02:29 AM
that would be just fine, ppf Phenom patch for iso.

;-) i think LawlessPPC you aren't done yet, still work to do, hehe (a joke of course)
but ppf idea would be really great.

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 02:18 PM
if I knew how ppf's worked then I might. No I dont need an explanation about them. I understand the basics without having used them. I just wanna concentrate on getting a nice fully working iso. Then will generate a ppf. Like I said tho all I've done is a lot of reading, scratch my head for a few days tried different ideas and in the end asked Zephy to fill in the blanks. So if I do achieve my goal others will only see my effort with the real guru's blessing. Hey that could be a while of yet as I have a few more plans now. This install actually boots using chameleon and 9.3.0 kernel as well as installing them and does install them both fine. But theres something strange about how chameleon runs at the iso's boot. It runs fine but it doesnt display all the information it usually does once you have a running install (just the initial text). If this is just a characteristic of chameleon I dont know. I just know it works. Some of the other things that need doing are alc888 6 port doesnt install (it claims to have done) I dont think its an error of mine as I have left all of zeph work untouched, i have just added to it. Anyway enough ranting. The main reason why I'm doing what I am is after digging a bit deeper all this is so amiga like its untrue. So its the nearest to a modern day amiga I'll get and I love it.

L8rs
LawlessPPC

DoiX
06-27-2008, 02:38 PM
you have a long way ahead of you lawless :) i wasted 12 dvds before i got my customized iso working

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 02:45 PM
@ DoiX
It works did a full install last night. But like I said all the hard work has been done by others I've only patched. The most important thing was a straight Phenom with SATA install from DVD boot. It does this but now I have a far better understanding of it all. DoiX keep those ears open for plenty of nags if you've got it sussed LOL *8O)

L8rs
LawlessPPC

DoiX
06-27-2008, 02:48 PM
lol :)) ok...

LawlessPPC
06-27-2008, 07:48 PM
as a small update note. Just added support for ati radeon HD3650 out the box. A pkg a day keeps the doctor away.
So now we have on iso
Phenom Support
Chameleon Bootloader
9.3.0 Modbin kernel
ATI Hd3650
as well as previous Zephy 10.5.2 rev2 support

All installed and running fine

L8rs
LawlessPPC

LawlessPPC
06-28-2008, 01:58 PM
@Zeph
just a quick one do you edit osinstall.mpkg distribution file by hand or are you building this with packagemaker. Coz I'm doing it the longway and this probably has you rolling on floor right now lol!!!!

L8rs
LawlessPPC

zephyroth
06-28-2008, 04:14 PM
I always modify OSInstall by hand.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I completely agree that you (or everybody who want to) modify my iso. The last one was not really good and it's cool that, finally, I will not work on it alone anymore !

LawlessPPC
06-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Zeph thanks for the encouragement is it possible to pm for pointers or do you want it all in forum.

L8rs
LawlessPPC

LawlessPPC
06-30-2008, 11:58 PM
does anyone know if there are diiferent compression options for pkg's

LawlessPPC
07-11-2008, 12:00 AM
just bumping it because it got move to second page straight away

LawlessPPC
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
forget it it was just a syntax I found

LawlessPPC
07-11-2008, 07:05 PM
ok next hurdle in the pkg ive built for alcinject with 6 ports once the osx install has finished and reboots it complains that alcinject.kext was not installed properly. Is this a permisssions error and if so how can I make the installer repair permissions once the install is complete.

Thanx In Advance
LawlessPPC