PDA

View Full Version : Problem or problems on instalation???

Farko
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I have:
AMD Athlon X2 4600+
GIGABYTE S Series(NVIDIA GeForce 6100/nForce) mother board
1Gb DDR2
250GB sata HDD
USB mouse
DVD/RW...
and Leo4All patch 3.. on DVD(This DVD working excelent, on HP laptop instalation is succesful, and Mac OS X work perfectly)

when i start instalation that working perfectly... i create partition Leopard and installation is begin...when installation is complet i see mesage restart computer to continue installation, when i restart comp... the boot from HDD, and USBF i think that OHCI waiting to unmount USBF device:S... and i waiting about 10min... on my screen every 2-3min repeat one mesage "Still waiting for root device"....
When i use -v from boot on HDD(dont have error(mesages"Still waiting for root device"), as he skip this),boot open instalation process and instalation is again begining... And this repeat several times..
Can any help me to reslove this problem?
Thanks anyway.

LawlessPPC
07-07-2008, 12:14 AM
sounds like you are not choosing your chipset during the install.

Farko
07-07-2008, 10:47 PM
He(instalation process) don't ask me for chipset :S
How i can do this?

milanca
07-07-2008, 11:00 PM
It means that system cant find any HDD to boot the system from cause you didn't install any. When you started installation process you had an option to 'customize' your OS X installation, pick the chipset drivers, audio, kernel or select anything you might need of what installation creator(s) included. Just so you may know for the next time when you start fresh install for example.

To fix this, boot from the installation DVD and when Installer starts, launch terminal. You have to copy nforce kexts for your board into installation (the Mac OS partition you created). Try to search on this forum and also google is your best friend how to do this, repair permissions and when you restart next time you'll go directly into mac os. If you can't find how to do this i will write a short 'how to' for ya. Cheers!

Farko
07-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Please if you have free time, write, i am beginer. And i don't know how to doing this.
I repeat again, when installation is complete, setup restart my comp, sistem is booting from HDD, after few seconds on my screen print USBF...:S and after still waiting for root device, in debug mode installation's repeat.

Voyn1x
07-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Have you tried milanca's suggestion above?

milanca
07-11-2008, 02:37 AM
k dude, take it easy. my previous post explained pretty much but here it is again. hope it'll make it clearer for you.
'still waiting for root device' means that system is still looking for boot device, in this case for your hard drive. but it cant find it cause you didn't install any hard disk controller driver / chipset driver. In the post above it also says how to include all the drivers you need by customizing your installation.

Download AppleNForce ATA.
<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?xgrpjt2t0zy">Nforce driver</a>

Unpack kext from zip file and save it on a USB stick. Insert Mac OS install dvd, restart the system
and boot from DVD. When Installer starts, from the top menu bar launch Terminal.

sudo -s

(copy NForce kext)

cp -R /Volumes/Flash/AppleNForceATA.kext /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions/

(instead of 'Flash' label i used here you have to use the label name of your Flash stick and also
instead of 'Leopard' use the partition name of mac os installation.
you can do 'cd /Volumes' and after it 'ls' to see partition labels)

(repair permissions)

cd /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library
chown -R root:wheel Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext
chmod -R 755 Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext

(clean cache)

rm /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
rm /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions.mkext
kextcache -k /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions

That's it. Remove DVD and restart.