PDA

View Full Version : "i cant erase my hdd, on installing Leopard"

farshu
07-17-2008, 12:49 PM
"i cant erase my hdd on, installing Leopard"it Stuck on Erasing beganing.What i do?
My system config is

AMD Athlone 64 3000+
Asus MB A8V VM
1+512 DDrR 1 Ram
80 GB SATA HDD(samsung)
Dvd Writer LG

pls Help me and suggest installing leopard on my pc

AfxTwn
07-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Farshu, unfortunately installing Leopard on your PC is quite a complicated procedure as I am finding out for myself. You need to format/partition your hard drive first before you try to install Leopard. You also need to make sure you have the right version of Leopard that is appropriate for your system specs. I would suggest you go to the OSX86 Wikipedia page where there is a comprehensive guide to what versions of OSX work best depending on your system. I know that which type of CPU is a major factor in determining which version of OSX you can install. I have to say that looking at your current setup it seems quite low and you may not be able to run the latest version of OSX on your PC, you may want to consider upgrading your motherboard, CPU and memory. But before you do that have a look at that Wikipedia page I mentioned as well as having a good read through the various guides on this forum.

Taisto
07-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Are You sure you are using right kext for your chipset ? Try to make partitions under Windows, and leave one formatted as Fat16/32 for Leopard, then erase it and format to HFS+. I had some problems with formatting NTFS partitions made with Vista under Leo installer - they seemed to be hmm "locked" so it couldnt erase them and was stuck at the process, that`s why i made them Fat - Disk Utility erased it without problems. Give it a try.

But if you are partitioning disk under Leo installer and it does not work, well....someone with more experience than me will need to help.

LawlessPPC
07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
personally i think specs are ok could do with more memory. I have it running on a dell D600 Latitude. Yes depending how drives have been treated before you can have probs trying to partition then format. One option is to get some of the drive tools available out there made by the drive manufaturers (Seagate tools etc). Regarding kexts if you can see the drive there is no reason you cant wipe or format it wont be a kext issue (or highley unlikely) but how its been partitioned befor can have effects

L8rs
LawlessPPC