PDA

View Full Version : ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY

iero
07-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for kext for my ATI radeon (deviceid : 0x4c59).

I've seen that on my Zeph 10.5.2 install, there is a ATIRadeon.text and the plist contains a 0x4c57 (not far..). But it's a kext from an AMD computer, and when I try to load it on my leo4allv3 centrino, he tells me it's not the good arch.

Does smbdy have this kext ? Or a clue to get my card fully working?

Thank you,

iero.

naquaada
07-19-2008, 07:14 PM
not the good arch?

iero
07-19-2008, 08:08 PM
yep, the laptop is an intel. Maybe it is that ? Are kext files arch dependent ?

I've seen on internet that my card was on some ibook. Maybe it will work on leo too.

Do you have this kext (ATIRadeon) in order to test it ?

Thanx,

iero.

naquaada
07-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I have AMD.

iero
07-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Exactly, when I do a "kextload ATIRadeon.kext", it says :

"extension ATIRadeon.kext does not contain code for this architecture"

Any idea ?

Thanx,

iero.

nfoav8or
07-27-2008, 08:30 PM
@iero
<a href="http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=16362">http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=16362</a>

This might help. You're not going to be fully supported, but at least you can get it to work.

iero
07-27-2008, 08:39 PM
yeah, thanx man !

I will give a try in next days !

iero.

nfoav8or
07-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Not a problem. Let me know when/if it works. I've seen other posts out there regarding the same card. My recommendation is to get a new one that will support QE/CI without all the hassle but its still good for a system that doesn't need it.

L8ers.

EDIT: I've always wanted to say this, but your name "iero" is very similar to my nickname from high school: AERO. My last name is Smith and Aerosmith was a really popular band when I was going through so it just kind of stuck until college. (Then it became "drunk-master-M"... ha, no, j/k)

iero
07-27-2008, 11:37 PM
"nfoav8or" is quite more difficult to say than "aero", but now, I understand the aviator ;)

I'll keep you informed, but links are down on the pointer you gave me. But there are some clues to dig. I cannot really change the card.. I opened the laptop several times, and I just reconise the harddrive as a "standard" hardware. Everything else is alien laptop technolodgy !

In fact, I just want to be able to increase the resolution... No need to have performance. I have still this card and ALPS keyboard/mouse which doesn't work. Everything else (wifi, bluetooth, ethernet, sound) is now ok. I will launch a new thread for kb/mouse, cause I have tried a lot of kext files, but not any progress @ all.. I'm lost !

See ya !

iero.

nfoav8or
07-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I didn't realize you were doing it in a laptop. It never registered in my mind as that. Sorry about the links. Guess I should have done a little more research on them.

good thing you got the aviator portion of the name... most people read it as a miss-spelled "ain't no favor"... pisses me off. lol

EDIT: keep searching other forums for the resolution. I'll keep an eye out for that stuff as well. Good luck.

Aero :-)