PDA

View Full Version : Which forum do you visit the most? InsanelyMac or here?

kourosh
01-30-2008, 02:06 AM
I haven't been visiting InsanelyMac for a while. Maybe because this place is so AMD focused.

So which one do <i>you</i> use the most?

Puttabong
01-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Well usually I have a look at InsanelyMac every once in a while, but mainly for AMD purposes. :)

So this is why I'm browsing here instead, at the moment.

kourosh
01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
I use InsanelyMac for the news basically.

And a lot of the random stuff!

Firewalk
01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Hi Guys, I use both although this one a bit more as i have amd cpu..

naquaada
01-30-2008, 02:10 AM
I have 241 posts in insanelymac since 22 March 06 and 294 here in 22 days... does this answer your question?

cgsheen
01-30-2008, 02:11 AM
About 50/50

kourosh
01-30-2008, 02:16 AM
naquaada:I have 241 posts in insanelymac since 22 March 06 and 294 here in 22 days... does this answer your question?

Yes ;)

The AMD topic deters me, so many pages, and so many people asking the same questions. I haven't had Leopard for long, and all I used was the wiki, forums, a search engine, and some minor help.

naquaada
01-30-2008, 02:23 AM
This forum is great, the people are great. It's not too anonymous like in insanelymac because you meet a lot of people talking in every thread, it's a bit like IRC. I love it in here.

DoiX
01-30-2008, 02:35 AM
im using this forum the most :) but occasionally i visit insanelymac and try to help the newbies :D

naquaada
01-30-2008, 02:53 AM
Yes, that's important. I did this in irc as I was often in the #OSx86 channel. It's a bad if you join in a chatroom with a big iscussion and nobody answers to your question. So I talked often first time to newcomers till the others had time.

R0GUE
01-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I've been using this forum more frequently because its focused toward the AMD platform. Also the people here seem warm and friendly :) Insanely Mac is a great place which I visit regularly, but its becoming a bit of a mess - particularly when trying to search for a solution.

Xxp/TuX
02-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Well,remember guys that we did begin at Insanelymac!,lol...All of you are right:here the people keep friendly. I like to help and learn in the process;to do that I usually switch between the two forums.But I am an AMD user,and the first place that I look for anything is this! :D

eard
02-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Well, like many people here, like my main machine is an amd, i visit first this forum =)
later, i visit another one in spanish(applesana), and later i visit insanelymac, but like i cant install leopard/tiger i dont post too much because i dont know how to solve some problems, but that will change when the rev2 appear to the public =)
cya guys

naquaada
02-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Xxp/TuX: we all started at OSx86project.org ;)

crawle
02-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Off the record ... I don't very like Insanelymac. It's so biiiig, and when I asked something there, there didn't answer to me ...
By the way: THIS forum is best anyway ... AMD forever ... Zeph forever ... Apple forever!

-crawle

naquaada
02-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Everything with A should last forever: AMD, ATI, Asus, Apple, Amiga...

I don't like person cult, so I judge the images. The best images are zephyroth's 10.5.1 Rev. 2 and myzars 10.4.6, both were working out of the box. Myzar's 10.4.6 + the 10.4.7 update is the most underestimated image I think, it's not very known and hard to get. I'm still using it. The images from JaS were all crap on my systems and JaS himself was an idiot, he couldn't stand critics, didn't listen to any ideas and the top of all his begging site for his Macbook Pro. With what result: He left the OSx86 group.

This is the reason why I prefer to donate to the community and not to a single person. If you'll also see it from another view, it would be making money with illegal software. A dream of me would be a live community: An OSx86 meeting somewhere. This is normal in the Amiga and C64 demo scene, they have several meetings in a year, with people all from Europe. It could be intersting, cause there would be lot of different hardware setups, good for testing and problem research and a direct exchange of experiences and knowledge.

roisoft
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
naquaada:....JaS himself was an idiot, he couldn't stand critics, didn't listen to any ideas and the top of all his begging site for his Macbook Pro. With what result: He left the OSx86 group.
..... A dream of me would be a live community: An OSx86 meeting somewhere....

Oh yes, my friend!!!, I think the same, there´re too many "gurus" in the osX86 scene, people who want to listen " hey man, you´re the best,..." yo know..?

Taisto
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I visit this one more often. Insanely is way toooo big - finding anything there is a big problem. You search for "Realtek Audio" and get 300+ topics results oh damn...:) And here`s related only to AMD Leopard - so only the thing i use.

Xxp/TuX
02-04-2008, 02:09 AM
naquaada:Xxp/TuX: we all started at OSx86project.org ;)

You are right naquaada!. OSx86project.org was first.But I meant that between insanelymac and this forum,I would stay here first as an AMD user. Cheers! :D