PDA

View Full Version : Zephyroth Leapord for AMD?

Psyche
10-04-2008, 04:18 PM
High, I recently joined this forum to try out the whole Mac on PC thing, I've used a mac before so I know where to go with it and some stuff. but I want to know of my Dell PC is capable of running Mac and where to get the iso.

Dell inspiron 1501
AMD Turion 64x2 processer
Windows Vista Business (current os)
I have also made a partition to my Hard Drive for the MAC OS.

if anyone can help I really appreciate it ^^

PingunZ
10-04-2008, 11:29 PM
The best thing to see if you're computer is capable of running osx86 is by testing a dvd (like leo4all), and once it's installed you can try to make each component working (if it's not already)

Also try searching for your hardware in the pcwiz hardware library (http://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&Itemid=65), or the osx86 library (http://www.osx86library.com/hardware/search.php)

Read a lot, test a lot and you'll get there :)

nfoav8or
10-05-2008, 02:07 AM
@Psyche... have you chosen a distro to give it a try with yet? I would recommend LawlessPPC's distro or Leo4All like PingunZ has stated... once you chose one and have tried it, we can be of better help to you.

Psyche
10-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I tried to install Kaylaway OS X 10.5.2 but everytime I tired it fails in installation, I had the partition disk formatted the right way and everything, I skipped the DVD consistancy, sometimes I have to repair windows start up and erase the partition disk.

nfoav8or
10-06-2008, 07:16 PM
How far do you get through the installation? what kind of customizing are you doing within the install itself?

Psyche
10-07-2008, 05:14 PM
well I got to the point where it gets almost half way into installing after it sits in the beginning of the bar for 30 mins. and then it say installation failed. It also shows a Kernel thing while it loads the installer. I can't remember what that means though, I hope it's not a kernel panic.... D: cause then I don't know if it's a terrible thing or a minor thing the disk loading does.

Voyn1x
10-07-2008, 05:59 PM
A couple of things it might be. You say you skipped the disk consistency check, try letting it finish as you may just have a duff cd.

A long shot i know but it also could be bad memory - at work in a real G5 mac, Leopard refused to finish installing until the ram was changed.

jayfray
10-17-2008, 01:58 AM
@PSYCHE your dell is it AMD?

nfoav8or
10-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Dell inspiron 1501
AMD Turion 64x2 processer

@JayFray... yup... it's an AMD.

@Psyche: When you're booting up and it gives you the option to press f8 or any other key to boot from cd... press f8. it will ask you for your boot options.. enter -x -f -legacy here and press enter. now when you select to install the OS, remember to look for the Customize button in the lower left side of the install window. This will enable you to customize the install to better fit your system. Use these boot options as well as the customizing AND let the DVD verify itself before installing. Then it should work.