PDA

View Full Version : LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD with problem on boot up

finaldata
10-07-2008, 05:38 PM
HI I downloaded LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD and I get this weird problem during boot up.

I get a System config file 'com.apple.Boot.Slist' not found

My Specs :

Dell Inspiron 531
Proc : Athlon X2 4400+
Board : Dell Inspiron 531 board a.k.a ASUS M2N61-AX
Memory : 2 GB

I'm booting the DVD using a usb dvdrom drive. since my dvd rom drive is ide and I don't have any ide ports anymore. So i use an ide to usb converter to boot the DVD.

Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

Thank you....

LawlessPPC
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
first time for this issue on my release did the verify the dvd after burning it and is the dvd drive reliable

nfoav8or
10-08-2008, 01:26 AM
FinalData. I've got the base same setup as you do (almost). Check your MD5 to the sites obtained from.

Remember to burn it at a slower burn speed so less errors are likely to occur. Also do as Lawless says and let the burning application verify the burn. Keep trying. This distro works perfectly with my system.

Also, make sure you aren't installing from an external DVD writer/reader.

finaldata
10-08-2008, 11:57 AM
FinalData. I've got the base same setup as you do (almost). Check your MD5 to the sites obtained from.

Remember to burn it at a slower burn speed so less errors are likely to occur. Also do as Lawless says and let the burning application verify the burn. Keep trying. This distro works perfectly with my system.

Also, make sure you aren't installing from an external DVD writer/reader.

Ahhhh... I guess this would be the reason.. as i am using an internal dvdrom drive converted to an external one that boots to a USB port....

nfoav8or
10-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Have you converted the drive back to internal to attempt the install?

finaldata
10-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Have you converted the drive back to internal to attempt the install?

I can't install it because the drive is IDE... I don't have an IDE port for the Inspiron 531 :(

nfoav8or
10-09-2008, 09:34 PM
This is where OSx86 can get a little messy. I haven't had any luck with getting an IDE DVD drive to work at all either with installing on a 531. The fact that there are no IDE ports on the MB and that PCI-IDE adapters haven't been made to work yet, really creates a hard place for this OS installation. The only thing I can suggest is buying a cheap SATA DVD ROM or RW. In the end, it will work with all your other Operating Systems. Keep the external DVD RW so you can write while in OS X. The kernel extensions made for your NForce chipset don't allow writing with SATA DVD RWs.

Hope this information helps.

jayfray
10-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I got Lawless off of usenet and it came in *.cdr format. So I changed it to iso in windows and used nero to burn. doesn't recognize the disk at boot. would someone please send me a message where i can find the right file. I have an amd and I need the lawless release desperately. Thank you so much. If you need more info I'll be glad to provide.

nfoav8or
10-13-2008, 12:20 AM
I'll PM you. we can't give exact links, but try the torrent networks. They are always good for something. :-)

jayfray
10-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Ha actually i just finished downloading your post on piratebay. nfoav8or only if you have a minute and the resourses could you please post the checksum for me. Thank you.

Also I'm burning the disk to see if it works. I give you all the info on that for your documents.

nfoav8or
10-13-2008, 10:47 PM
The only checksum I've got is the MD5 I've calculated for the iso:
2b72f1c2f34f98992093d51ea698910e

jayfray
10-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Ok so I installed Lawless PPC. I have just a few issues. Now lets say I'm downloading off usenet using unison and I'm using Macpar to check the files and decompress the system goes in error and tells me to reboot my computer by holding power yade yada. I think it might be a dual core issue. but I'm no expert like you. so i have no choice but to hit the power. also I tried installing msn messenger and I get an error. but I have network access firewall off and ran through every troubleshooting tip they had. I can use adium but not msn messenger. I know its msn hehehe but i like the program. Also I have a DVD burner its TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653A but i can't seem to burn files. And one more thing so far is that when i tey to transfer anything on a usb flash drive it take about 15 mins for a 700 avi file to transfer. Any ideas?

nfoav8or
10-17-2008, 04:01 AM
See the other post you created and my response.
http://www.infinitemac.com/showthread.php?p=17079#post17079

GRoMeSTeR
11-08-2008, 11:23 PM
HI I downloaded LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD and I get this weird problem during boot up.

My Specs :

Dell Inspiron 531
Proc : Athlon X2 4400+
Board : Dell Inspiron 531 board a.k.a ASUS M2N61-AX
Memory : 2 GB

I'm booting the DVD using a usb dvdrom drive. since my dvd rom drive is ide and I don't have any ide ports anymore. So i use an ide to usb converter to boot the DVD.

Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

Thank you....

sorry... found out that the iso has an issue. able to boot the DVD now but getting the "Still waiting for root device" now.

HP Pavilion 2620US
ide controller - MCP67 which is being shown in lspci in linux.

nfoav8or
11-09-2008, 04:53 AM
hmm.. well I also have the MCP61 and that distro works on my board. I've installed it numerous times before.

As for the MCP67, you can inject the kernel extension into the install DVD and then reinject it into the installed system to make it work. Look up how to do this as it is out there. Here is just one of those examples:
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=67713

Darrarski
11-26-2008, 07:09 PM

I had the same error. I'm booting from internal IDE DVD-RW drive, the error wont appear if I use -v flag on the loader. Unfortunately my standard PS2 keyboard don't work in the installer, but I'm able to install OSx86 (I has to restart PC myself after installation, so probably ACPI don't work for me). When I'm trying to run installed system, I'm getting this:

AppleVIAATADriver: VIA 8237 SATA (CMD 0xff00, CRT 0xfe00, IRQ: 22, BM: 0xfb00)
ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.
Still waiting for root device

SATA mode is set to Native-IDE in BIOS.

My system spec.:
Athlon 64 X2 4800
Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3, AMD770 & SB600 chipsets
Gigabyte GeForce 8600GT 256MB

Could you help me?

raze5115
08-19-2009, 06:58 AM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_kgLrNcrKYKw/Soo1gdK8jwI/AAAAAAAAAlE/AeE-HHGYVfc/s640/0817092112.jpgI get this screen when booting from my IDE HDD and SATA HDD after installing Lawless PPC 10.5.4 Leo Phenom&AMD, I pick all the items in the customize screen. Im a new to Mac OSX any help would be very very much appreciated thx.

This is my specs to my Knowledge
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400
Nvidia Chipset
PNY Verto 9500GT
Belkin Wireless G Plus NIC
250GB Sata HDD
80GB IDE HDD
Sata DVD RW
IDE DVD RW