PDA

View Full Version : No success burning DVD

coreyinoz
10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi All,

I've been having no luck trying to burn a DVD using iMovie on my hackintosh. I was wondering if anyone has had any success. I understand that this is a known issue with the Medevil Nvidia kext, but was hoping for some advice.

To be more specific, iMovie begins the burn, but the system will completely hang (sometimes with the "you need to reboot") before any burning begins.

I've tried Leo4allv3 and v4.1. I've tried modbin and XNU kernels. I've tried Nforce old and Nforce chipset kexts...

Any advice?

Athlon X2 4200+
A8N32-SLI
PATA BenQ DW1655 DVD-RW
SATA Maxtor 320GB
ATI HD3650 PCI-E

Other than the burning problem, system seems fine - hammered it pretty hard with Final Cut.

Thanks,

coreyinoz

pαuℓzurrr.
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Burning is not supported by MeDevil's kext, and it seems he's not gonna work on it anymore...
The only solution is to get a other sata/ide controller card that is supported.

~p-J

coreyinoz
10-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Ugh... that's no good!

I'm not keen on dumping any $$ into my aging box on something redundant like a controller card...

I guess I'll have to figure out a way to get the movie onto DVD otherwise.

Thanks though.

coreyinoz

nfoav8or
10-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm using the Medevil's kernel extension and it stinks that its not an option at this point to use an internal SATA DVD writer with it BUT I've made the minimal purchase of an external DVD writer and used Disk Utility and Simply Burn to get my DVDs written. Sorry for the bad news.

CyCLoBoT
10-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Yeah I read his post yesterday on InsanelyMac that he will no longer work on it. I was hoping to get my SATA DVD drive to burn. I guess the only way would be to either convert the drive to IDE or purchase an IDE DVD drive.

riangeli
10-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi all

I did not succes to burn CD/DVD on my SATA writer. so is the IDE dvd-drives supported? can i burn DVD with an ide?

Voyn1x
10-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Yep, you can burn dvds fine using ide :)