PDA

View Full Version : Likelyhood of Rev 1 working on my setup

frying_fish
01-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi guys,

My setup is:

AMD X2 4600+ (SSE2,SSE3, NX bit, and other standard X2 things)
nVidia 7900GT/OC (BFG)
Creative Audigy 4 (non-pro)
2GB GeiL DDR 400
Chipset: (Northbridge)SiS 756, (Southbridge)SiS 965L
Audio: ADI AD1986A (if I get audio through either onboard or audigy thats cool)
Lan: Intel 82540EM PCI Gb LAN

Do you think that this kit is likely to work with Rev1 or am I likely to need to wait for rev 2. as if rev 1 is likely to work I'll get that and get it going, and then upgrade to rev2 when it comes out, if not, then I'll be waiting and itching to give rev2 a go as soon as its upped somewhere.

DoiX
01-31-2008, 11:39 PM
im 100% sure that the chipset is not supported

frying_fish
01-31-2008, 11:49 PM
ok, in that case I'll stop on the rev1 disk, and on the front of rev 2, any ideas if it is likely to work?

Shame, as I did have an A8N5X until the thing broke and they didn't stock it anymore

Seems from what I can see on the osx86wiki (and its only listed in the HCL for 10.4.3 so far) it doesn't work then, :( that it still doesn't seem to work now, would have been nice to get it running, might be stuck trying to get this running on my laptop then, tiger supposedly does, and from the looks of it leopard should as well but not had much success so far.

02-01-2008, 02:34 AM
Actually, I think it will work...... You should do it, because you never know

------> DoiX
are you sure its 100% because i read on insanely that it did work.....

PS: no one get mad at me if it doesnt, im just posting this because I read somewhere it did work

frying_fish
02-01-2008, 02:36 AM
Yeah I've looked around a bit and seen some report of older tiger installs working, but slow pata / sata issues (but, thats not necessarily a problem, I have access to a usb drive that I could get it on and I'm fairly sure I can make the system boot from it) just waiting for the rev1 iso to finish and then I can try out tomorrow night when I'm back at uni