PDA

View Full Version : Installed 13 times FINE, but cant boot into Leopard after???

nicknowsky
02-01-2008, 10:34 AM
I have installed and reinstalled Leopard 13 times in the last 2 days, and th installation doesnt really bother me, its the constant not being able to get inTo Leopard after!!! I have tried everywhich way I can boot, I have to leave the DVD in and at the Dawin Bootloader, I use rd=disk0s2 (GUID is the only it works for me) and I have tried alotta differnet variations like -x, -f, cpus=1 and I lock up evertime. Ususally its somewhere along where its says ETHERNET Loading or something like that, but the best I have gotten is the last time I have GeForce 8400GS and I installed all the Nvidia drivers on the last installation, I unplugged my ethernet cable and I got all the way to DMOS: Loading
DMOS: Lock and Decrypting
DMOS: starting.........
or something REALLY CLOSE TO THAT, but NO matter what I cannot get into Lwopard, and I have HAD NOT 1 Issue during the installation!!! I have even gone out and bought a cheap REALTEK PCI Network Card to help get it 2 work (i have nforce and it suxxx and I DO DISABLE IT IN THE BIOS)
Please Please Please someone have any ideas to WHAT I am doing wrong or what I need to do to get it to BOOT!! Here are my specs
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
AMD Athlon X2 4000 Brisbane oc'd 2.5ghz
Biostar GF7025-M2 (AM2) Mobo
1GB PC4200 DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 7025 (north) / nForce 630a (south) CHIPSETS ( i hate nforce)
Foxconn Geforce 8400GS PCIe
Realtek ALC662 6-Channel HD Audio
Realtek PCI Ethernet Card (nforce LAN disable in BIOS)
and 20gb WD IDE (just for OSX86)

damnesiac
02-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Boot into single user mode and delete all the NViDiA and Geforce kexts

02-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Hmm, do you have any old video cards laying around? posibly an ATi if so, try it and see if thats your problem

nicknowsky
02-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I just read that over in the WIKI, but I wasnt sure if that applied to me, but it sounds good!! I will let ya'll know how it goes

nicknowsky
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
WOW!! It worked to an extent, now I get into the Account setup screens I get thru all of them EXCEPT for the last one, where I create my password(that usually the final one)Now I had to RESET 4 times just to get that far, each previous time it locked up in a different place, I would RESET and it would go past that point!! When I say locks ups, it looks as if its working but the MACOSX version of a hourglass appears, ya know the spininnig Color wheel and then it just spins ans spins and stays there FOREVER!! Any Ideas on this??

sda
02-03-2008, 05:48 PM
imo: downgrade to 10.4.10 tg? :)

cgsheen
02-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Have you tried running your CPU (and bus) at STOCK speeds? You're still running overclocked?

nicknowsky
02-04-2008, 10:50 AM
okay I have read the Wiki on KNOWN ISSUES on the ACCOUNT CREATION LOOP ISSUE I have tried all of them but I am realy shady on how to EXACTLY type the Graphics Mode Boot

Do I type it EXACTLY as I see it in the wiki, like with the "quotation marks" and do I type 640x480x32 and use a small x
OR'
do I type 640*480*32 and use the asterick/multiply sign????

Do I use spaces in between Graphics and Mode and then a space between =??????
Could someone type it EXACTLY how it should be DONE!!!

nicknowsky
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
cause I am stuck on the LAST screen in the Account Creation Process, I get stuck where you type in your PASSWORD and I get that annoying BeachBall and it stays stuck forever

cgsheen
02-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Ya, you include the quotation marks...
type it exactly as it appears on the line below:

"graphics mode"="640x480x32"

I personally think Solution 4 is a better option, but whatever works... Still, nothing beats having a working Ethernet Adapter and a connection to the Internet.