PDA

View Full Version : nForce5 and SATA Write

compaqdrew
02-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I've got an ASUS M2N-SLI deluxe, which uses the nForce 570 SLI chipset.

SATA write has never been working. Read works fine, but Disk utility simply stops responding if I try to format.

I installed the nForce5 package. No visible change.

Any thoughts?

--Drew

compaqdrew
02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Got it! I used this magical kext here
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=19616

I had to BOTH install the kext the normal way AND replace a an older version in IOATAFamily.kext

This also resolved a random problem where my IDE drive was detected as only 128GB when it was really much larger

Zepheroth, PLEASE consider including this updated kext in rev2!

--Drew

zephyroth
02-01-2008, 02:06 PM
If it's the last one from MeDevil ... It's already in Rev.2 !

new2osx86
02-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi, zephyroth, does this kext works for nForce 560, I got HP Pavillon has nforce 560 in both North/Southbridge and yr rev 1 did not recognize HD. Would you kindly PM me yr v2 to test on my laptop, thx!

PS: one more thing, I don't know why I can't post a new discussion!!!!

crencom
02-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey compaqdrew

Did you inject this kext from w/in windows? If so - how did you set the proper permissions for the files? I simply used transmac to insert the kexts, but I think i'm still having issues as I have not, nor know how to set the 755 permissions for those files. Any help is appreciated.

Derwood
02-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Does anyone with an nForce5 (570 SLI) board have the built in Ethernet working? I have a Shuttle SN27P2 and cannot get Lan working.

CupofDice
02-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Crencom-

Great question. I am on linux and I have XP in virtualbox. I used transmac, and was able to see my tubgirl (I am now trying zephyroth's leo, so tubgirl no longer matters) disc just fine, but of course I couldn't use those commands since this was windows. If only I could do this from my linux install since those commands should be the same right? So like crencom, I am wondering how you can set the permissions from windows, or are we screwed, and we need a mac.