PDA

View Full Version : How to install on Dell Studio 1535

jardasmid
12-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi. I'm trying to install iATKOS 5i on my Dell Studio 1535 laptop. Wen I boot, it hangs on ACPI error. I passed cpus=1 boot option and I got into installation program. I installed with default options and added intel X3100 drivers only. When installation is complete, I can boot into leopard, but as soon as spining wheel is gone, blue screen appears and then my screen is turned off. Connecting external monitor does not help.

nfoav8or
12-20-2008, 07:30 PM
if this is your first time installing to this rig, don't install the video drivers during main install. wait until after you've got a working system.

when you boot with "-v" how far does the boot-up get to?

the issue sounds like a graphics problem. boot up with "-s" and then/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
rm -Rf NVinject*
rm -Rf GeForce*
rm -Rf NVDA*
cd ..
rm -Rf Extensions.mkext
reboot

now see if it boots into your system. You'll need to reinstall the graphics fix (either another inject, info.plist edit, or EFI strings).

jardasmid
12-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi. Thanks for your reply.

I removed all AppleIntelX3100*.kext and it's working, but I can only set 1024x768 resolution. Is there any possibility to get native 1280x800 resolution, e.g. some "fixed" drivers? Thx

jardasmid
12-20-2008, 10:03 PM
I googled a workaround which worked for me: Move all AppleIntel* from /System/Library/Extensions, set right top conner to sleep display, move back AppleIntel* files, setup autologin, reboot and after black screen comes move mouse to that conner and move and move ... until screen wakes up.

This is a bit annoying, but better than nothing.