PDA

View Full Version : Install Retail dvd Mac osx 10.5.0 9a581 on AMD

Philintosh
12-21-2008, 03:07 AM
I restore the retail dvd mac osx 9a581 on another partition i made on presently running 10.5.5 hackintosh...I installed the newest vodoo 9.5 kernel and chameleon bootloader (latest release)..I am so happy that it boots and showed up the right processor infos (verbose (-v) mode)...also my lancard, firewire and usb recognized..i used ahci mode...but then only until the leopard wallpaper with beachball keeps on turning..i have waited for an hour still nothing happens...i hope anyone could help me on this...my specs are : amd athlon x2 64 +4200 2.1 ghz, 1 gb ddr2, hd2600pro 256 mb, msi k9a platinum mobo sb600, ps2 keyboard, usb mouse...

nfoav8or
12-21-2008, 06:10 AM
I restore the retail dvd mac osx 9a581 on another partition i made on presently running 10.5.5 hackintosh...I installed the newest vodoo 9.5 kernel and chameleon bootloader (latest release)..I am so happy that it boots and showed up the right processor infos (verbose (-v) mode)...also my lancard, firewire and usb recognized..i used ahci mode...but then only until the leopard wallpaper with beachball keeps on turning..i have waited for an hour still nothing happens...i hope anyone could help me on this...my specs are : amd athlon x2 64 +4200 2.1 ghz, 1 gb ddr2, hd2600pro 256 mb, msi k9a platinum mobo sb600, ps2 keyboard, usb mouse...

is this "image" 9a581 an install DVD or is it an already-installed image that you can use right after restoring (on a real mac that is)...

In order to get any Retail image working on an AMD hackintosh you need more than just the voodoo kernel since this doesn't have the ability to handle decryption. you need the AppleDecrypt.kext file for this... Also, when I use my retail install on a hackintosh I need the AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext file and chipset kext file for my motherboard.

Philintosh
12-21-2008, 12:26 PM
is this "image" 9a581 an install DVD or is it an already-installed image that you can use right after restoring (on a real mac that is)...

In order to get any Retail image working on an AMD hackintosh you need more than just the voodoo kernel since this doesn't have the ability to handle decryption. you need the AppleDecrypt.kext file for this... Also, when I use my retail install on a hackintosh I need the AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext file and chipset kext file for my motherboard.

it is an install DVD retail 9a581.......i dont have real mac (:

Where i can get those appledecrypt.kext and applesmbiosefi.kext pls?

Thank you so much for the response....like what kext file i needed for my mobo? pls tell me specifically....i have the msi k9a platinum mobo...

http://asia.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=259

nfoav8or
12-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Where i can get those appledecrypt.kext and applesmbiosefi.kext pls?

Thank you so much for the response....like what kext file i needed for my mobo? pls tell me specifically....i have the msi k9a platinum mobo...

http://asia.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=259

I'll PM you with links to the files on my mediafire account. as well as some gouge on installing and finding the correct chipset.

EDIT: Just a recommendation... I would use an external drive that is solely devoted to being an install drive (I personally use an 8GB Flash Drive that I have performed a modified munky's method (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127330) on. This way you aren't going to screw up any specific bootloaders by misusing the drive.

Philintosh
12-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Unfortunately my hd2600 pro 256 mb doesnt work now (no QE) and if add my device id; i get artifacts (colored small boxes)...also my ps2 keyboard doesnt work even i installed the appleps2controller.kext...what do i need to do pls to make it work for my graphics,audio ? do i need an efi drivers? where do i get them? pls tell me what shoud i do...i have used the retail dvd 10.5.4 as i have found out that 10.5.0 has a lot of problems after i installed it....pls help...

nfoav8or
12-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately my hd2600 pro 256 mb doesnt work now (no QE) and if add my device id; i get artifacts (colored small boxes)...also my ps2 keyboard doesnt work even i installed the appleps2controller.kext...what do i need to do pls to make it work for my graphics,audio ? do i need an efi drivers? where do i get them? pls tell me what shoud i do...i have used the retail dvd 10.5.4 as i have found out that 10.5.0 has a lot of problems after i installed it....pls help...

for the graphics, can you tell who created the board and chip? (I know its an ATI branded device but this does make a difference)

Philintosh
12-23-2008, 07:45 PM
for the graphics, can you tell who created the board and chip? (I know its an ATI branded device but this does make a difference)

Palit ATI Radeon Hd2600 pro

nfoav8or
12-23-2008, 08:14 PM
I would recommend checking out the HCL (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.2#ATI_2) regarding this card. Although the board-maker doesn't match up, you could give a few of these methods a try. The most promising for the pro variant looks to be the ATIRadeonX2000_Leopard.pkg (link provided on HCL).