PDA

View Full Version : Audio volume resetting?

agrafuese
02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey guys, I recently got Leopard up and running with my A8N-SLI Premium board. Everything seems to be pretty solid, but I noticed that my audio volume keeps resetting itself upon reboot. For example, if I set it to full volume and reboot, it will be back to about 50% every time. Anyone else have this problem? Is it a known issue? Does anyone have a solution? By the way, great job on this release Zephyroth - it took some messing around to get it up, but it's very solid and I can't wait to see what's in store for Rev 2. Keep up the great work!

DoiX
02-01-2008, 05:59 PM
sorry but i don't see this as a problem please create topics only with REAL problems :)

naquaada
02-01-2008, 07:00 PM
agrafuese:

I also have the A8N-SLI Premium, and it's the same for me. But I don't see it as a problem. I have adjusted my audio system like this that the middle volume position is a good default for the most applications. So you can use the volume up/down keys for everything to use. But OK, I have my stereo with an pre-amplifier before it, so it's easy for me to adjust.

DoiX:

Everything what seems not normal or is different to Tiger should be listed, and if it's just a simple thing. I had problems that global Volume/Mute weren't working sometimes, don't know why. In Tiger you could solve Audio problems with resetting with the Audio/Midi configuration tool, but this wasn't working. With Rev2 I didn't had this problem.

zuz242
02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
i´m not sure if audio is actually resetted, but i noticed that audio is switched of at system start.
i have to press the mute button of my keyboard once or twice to switch it on.

my mb is an asus m2n-sli, audio running with az kext.

creative_
02-01-2008, 07:39 PM
naquaada:agrafuese:

I also have the A8N-SLI Premium, and it's the same for me. But I don't see it as a problem. I have adjusted my audio system like this that the middle volume position is a good default for the most applications. So you can use the volume up/down keys for everything to use. But OK, I have my stereo with an pre-amplifier before it, so it's easy for me to adjust.

DoiX:

Everything what seems not normal or is different to Tiger should be listed, and if it's just a simple thing. I had problems that global Volume/Mute weren't working sometimes, don't know why. In Tiger you could solve Audio problems with resetting with the Audio/Midi configuration tool, but this wasn't working. With Rev2 I didn't had this problem.

I had the problem with global mute too. Sometimes I had no sound and suddenly sound was back..confusing. In Rev2 it works all the time

agrafuese
02-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks for commenting back on my question guys. Naquaada, zuz242, and creative_, thank you so much for the info. I am glad to hear I am not the only one with this issue. You guys are right, I will just turn up my amp for now. Good to know that this isn't an issue with Rev 2. Can't wait to see it in action! Take care.

-agra