PDA

View Full Version : iPC OSx86 Leopard 10.5.6 problems

benten
01-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Got an spare PC I thought would try the new iPC OSx86 Leopard 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3. (PPF1 and 2 have been applied to the img)

As per instructions I choose the Voodoo Kernal as my CPU has SSE2 but selected nothing else (no chipset listed same as video card no there)

Install went perfectly, on the reboot I did the -f to make sure kexts loaded fine after that nothing happens.

Checked forums and was mentioned to use the flag -f -x -v cpus=1 which I did and all I get is it stopping at "Still waiting for root device"

thank you

lanceomni
01-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Try changing the SATA mode in the BIOS from Native to Combined

[EDIT] Personally I turn off anything else that im not using. Like the Onboard FAKE RAID & Floopy. I use my firewire but if you don't turn it off.

benten
01-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Disabled all parts in bios not needed (sata/sound/serial, etc)

Same install with Voodoo kernal and no video (device ID not there) and chipset.
Ticked ps/2 keyboard only.

Used same boot codes and didn't get the root device problem, boots to a blue screen with black cursor and stops, seems to be getting better.

benten
01-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Yay finall got it to install, only with chipset enabled and found a working agp driver as well, now only problem I have is trying to run anything I have downloaded from the web always gives a kernel panic. (will try to get a screen grab asap)

lanceomni
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
@benton

There is a workaround for that one. You can replace seatbelt.kext 10.5.6 with the previous version from 10.5.5.

It is an option during iPC install and so should be on the disk. Alternatively you could download the "10.5.5 single" update off of Apple's site and use Pacifist to extract it.

benten
01-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Cool thanx.

Still learning this but going well so far.
Will try it asap.

[EDIT]
Worked perfectly, nice one lanceomni for the fast help. Now I can get back to learning this os more :)