PDA

View Full Version : Need Kext for Intel GM965 PLEASE,

norcimo
01-06-2009, 03:39 PM
HP Pavilion DV2000 laptop, Product#2500 intel chipset and CPU. Celeron dual core,

Used the default chameleon loader, and default kernal.
Installation goes quickly. Boots up fast.. used Ps2 keyboard and mouse driver to get laptop and touch pad working

Graphcis Excellent! Intel GM950 with acceleration GREAT, Sound Conextant HD GREAT!, SUPER FAST. DVD WORKS GREAT, USBS all work...

but the INTEL GM950 does allow me to reboot the machine.. It looks up during booting, something about frambuffer wrong ID error. I found out , the laptop actually has GM965.

It works perfect, I even got the intro animation during the installation. THE HARDWARE ID is: 2A02, can any one add it to the GM950 Kext? PLEASE?

right know the laptop reboots fine, but its using the default 1024*768 VGA.. so at least i can use it somewaht.

nfoav8or
01-07-2009, 02:34 AM
you can do this yourself in the info.plist file placed in the original kext's Contents folder... just edit it and then repair permissions, reboot and see if support is there.

also, get the full dev/vender id so its not so short as this is usually what is needed.