PDA

View Full Version : Finder Crash

Taisto
02-02-2008, 07:26 PM
## Automatic notice to thread opener:
If you post this kind of message into the News Category again, your Account will be disabled

Got my Leo working. When i boot with -x it works perfect without wifi. But when i boot with -f ,i got wifi working but finder crashes when im trying to open any windows (like Leo drive window) so i cant explore files. When i do, it crashes, shows "waiting" cursor, and that`s all. Other apps are working fine, but finder does not. Any idea how to solve it, or how to get wifi working under -x mode ? :)

naquaada
02-02-2008, 11:26 PM
hm, Finder is working fine with -f by me. have you tried other boot options? I'm using this normally:

platform=ACPI -legacy

You can try cpus=1 too.

Taisto
02-03-2008, 12:35 AM
I`ve figured out that the problem is related to graphic card. Windows are acting strange and buggy when resizing or moving - i`ve set standard icon mode in safe boot and it works now. Still i cant get my Mobility Radeon X1600 working - tried few methods but it wont go.

Oh and i`ve got keyboard problem ? I`ve applied kext, in -x mode it works, when i boot with -f - works too, but without -f keyboard doesnt work. What the ?

Taisto
02-03-2008, 09:53 PM
For those who has the same problem : it`s related to graphics driver, it crashes when You have "Cover Flow" browsing mode set. Fix the Gfx kext, or when You can`t - log into -x and change mode to normal icons :)
Problem solved - leave for others or delete topic :)