PDA

View Full Version : Slow burning speeds on toast and disco

cnone
01-07-2009, 09:08 AM
i have amd leo4all v4.1 leopard 10.5.4 installation with voodoo 9.5 kernel.
my cpu: amd athlon 6000+ on asus m3a with sb600 chipset

my performance issue is: i can't burn my dvd's at supported speeds like 12x or 8x, sysprofiler says media supported with 12x burning speeds, recognizes my drive as generic burning support but everytime i try to burn my dvds at that speed toast writes it at 1x and then tried disco.app too, still no luck at higher speeds. am i missing something?
my installation works perfectly and qe enabled by the way.

is there anything i must do to force the dvd writer to burn higher speeds?
is there any system settings i check or drivers i must install?

ps: i don't know is it relevant with this but my installation boots slow too, it takes approximately 2-3 mins

thanks in advance..

cnone
01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
anybody with any idea? come on folks i know someone has an idea ;)

Ali C.
01-07-2009, 08:00 PM
It sounds like you don't have a southbridge driver for the SB600, which causes what you're describing.
Though I thought Leo4All had the kext out of the box? *shrug*

cnone
01-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Hmm thank you for your respond friend,
i have some questions about that then.

i found some drivers from insane and from pcwiz's site but they seems not working
when installed sb600 drivers then restart with -f parameter osx can't find any ata devices but system boots very fast and no error about 'iokit wait...' or something like that,then i restarted again with no parameter the 'iokit wait..' error pops again -but os loads properly- and dvd burner and dvd rom is working but slow burning speed problem continues.

can you point me where can i found proper drivers and hoe to install them? i use osx86tool from pcwiz to install .kext's, am i doing wrong with that?

thank you again..

cnone
01-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Now i have reformatted and installed sb via drivers and now my dvd drives even don't show up!? leo boots very fast approx 40 secs but sysprofiler says there is no ata device on this system. how can i fix this?

cnone
01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
is it so easy to find a solution that i'm missing?
is there any reply or guidance or anything at all?
thank you for nothing fellas, thank you so much:-/