PDA

View Full Version : Help needed! Dell E520 IPC 10.5.6

dj-dc
01-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Hello all, im new here and i'm hopeing someone can help me figure this out.
I good with pc's and electronics but i have little knowledge on the mac terms used for commands.

I have a dell dimension E520

ACPI MultiProcessor pc
Pentium (R) D 2.80 Ghz, DualCore Intel Pentium D 915
Motherboard chipset Intel Broadwater G965
4 gb ram DDR 533Mhz,
Ati radeon X1300Pro,

and i recently tried installing the iPC_OSx86_Leopard_10_5_6_Intel_AMD_SSE2_SSE3_Publi c_Beta on it.

The cd starts up fine i format the drive and choose some option before i press install, then it installs and finishes succesfull but when the pc restarts it says can't find boot drive or something like that.

I've tried installing without extra options, removed all hardware to a minimal but still it won't boot the drive, if i boot from cd i can reinstall it again but after restarting again no disk to boot from...

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

dj-dc
01-08-2009, 05:37 PM
ok i have made a little mistake , e filesystem was still afs , now i fixed that.
But now i can boot up and ask for -x -v the list starts loading real fast, kinda like matrix , then the pc just restarts..

Am i missing a kext or something like that ?

dj-dc
01-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi all, I need some help again...

I just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 succesfully, and i am now sending this message from it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2f051rq.png

I need some info on the video kext though, i have a ati X1300Pro in the pc and in osx it says no kext loaded, now if i restart the pc again , will it start back up or will i get a waiting on device error ?
http://i39.tinypic.com/10psifc.png

Also i have internet through my add in card, with runs on a realtek, don't know the version by head. My Mboard has a intel built in also does anyone know if there is a kext i can use to make that connection work also ? cause now it's not showing up.

http://i43.tinypic.com/34h7wgw.png

dj-dc
01-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi again all, I'm kinda adding info to this thread I made as the progress goes forward.
The problems described above i have solved useing the following kexts : NatitX1300 and Intel82566MM.

I'm now running 10.5.5. and am about to try going to 10.5.6.
If all goes well, i'll write a complete method to installing Osx86 on your dell e520 ( with matching hardware)

lanceomni
01-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Remember to keep a backup copy of your Extensions folder before you update if not a backup of your entire drive.

dj-dc
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi all, i'm now writing from my 10.5.6 :)

I have customized the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext a little as before i was getting errors haveing to do with that kext and the system would hang at still waiting for root dev...
now it boots up ok.

"about this mac" says I run a 4.30 Ghz Unknown, (i have a 2.8 Ghz Intel D) in vers 10.5.5 it still said 2.8 Ghz unknown which was closer to reality.
I've tried pcwiztools for changing the Processor and Memory info, but after that my system didn't wanna boot anymore, so im leaving that alone for now.

Also if i click "More Info" on the "About this Mac" screen" it says; " There was an error while gathering this information".
Does anyone have any info on how to fix that ?

I'm gonna try fixing the rest of the little things i have left and will then start writing a how to for this dell model.

DC