PDA

View Full Version : Booting DVD Issue, Help!

ErgProxy
01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Hello everyone.

The purpose of this message it's to recieve a little of your help making work a Compaq Presario F527us with Osx86.

Going in to the bussines, the main problem of my equipment it's that when I try to start the instalation of Mac OS, I do the following:

First of all, changing the boot order of the computer, then putting the DVD in the drive with the .ISO image and wait (As it's supposed to work, the installing Wizard would start up and have a succesful installation) ... but otherwise, in my case, the DVD drive start's
spinning then stops suddenly and nothing else happens, well, then the system tries to load an OS from the HHD; it's like I'd never
putted a DVD in the drive.

This it's what I've tried and got the same issue:

*Tried with iDenev v 1.3 Leopard 10.5.5 (+ applyed a patch, ISO image burnt with the minimum speed possible)
*Tried with Leo4all v 4.1 (The one that supports AMD, ISO image burnt with the minimum speed possible)
*My DVD drive works fine, it boots images like windows and acronis disc director

And here are some questions I have:

*Do I have to press any key while the DVD drive it's spinning? (I tried with Enter and with al F's keys)
*The HHD needīs to be formated in any file system? (I tried with unalocated space, and with NONE; using Acronis DD)
*There's need to be no previous OS in the computer? (I tried with and without Win XP in a partition, same problem)
*Did I Downloaded a wrong version of any distro? (I used the iDeneb distro in an Intel architecture and the wizard showed up)
*Thereīs something wrong with my equipment, anything I need to change, upgrade, patch?
*Any one had the same trouble as me?

Finally, to dont get it long, here they are my equipment specifications (Copied and Pasted from a program called CPU-Z)

Specification AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor TK-53
Northbridge NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 rev. A2
Southbridge NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP rev. A3
Memory Type DDR2
Memory Size 1024 MBytes
Channels Dual
Memory Frequency 284.6 MHz (CPU/6)
Data width 64 bits
AMD Turion 64 Mobile TK-53 hardware monitor

DMI System Information
----------------------
manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
product Presario F500 (GF596UA#ABA)

DMI Extension Slot
------------------
designation PCI Express Slot 1
type A5

Hope anyone can help me, I'll recieve any suggestion really pleased.

**ATTACHED THE WHOLE .TXT WITH MORE SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS**
Greetings, ErgProxy.

lanceomni
01-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Welcome :) Getting your thread out there on both forums is a great idea. I am actually happy you did as id rather spend my time on infinite and there are some exceptionally intelligent people who are active on this forum who have helped me out greatly.

For reference. A link to ErgProxy's post on insanelymac: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=145571&pid=1032829&start=0&#entry1032829

As I posted in your other thread what method did you use to burn the ISO?

ErgProxy
01-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Issue resolved, the burning software that I used caused all the troubles, its called "Totally Free Burner" and succed with ImgBurn (at the minimum speed supported by the disc), finally my system booted from DVD.

Now, I got another issue with the install process, but it's not related to this topic, admin can close this thread.