PDA

View Full Version : keyboard and migration bug (after first install), solved, (i think)

fherking
02-02-2008, 08:36 PM
## Automatic notice to thread opener:
If you post this kind of message into the News Category again, your Account will be disabled

the problem is when you but, you get (well , thats my case) geforce kernel bug, and you boot with -x .

with -x ,the loop migration begins, keyboard -> asistant -> halt -> keyboard .....

if you start first with -s , mount, and delete, system/library/extensions/geforce.kext , and then reboot
the loop is gone, you can ever hear the music, and do the procedure ok.

if you start with -x (for not deleting anything) , you need to do the trick for change resolution , to skip the migration assistant.

hope this helps for v.2

no solution for ps2 keyboard, i put it just because thats the first i see when i boot.

edited to clarify. (sorry men, im from another planet, and english its not my primary language).

nderiv
02-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I deleted geforce.kext, nv*.kext, ge*.kext but still I have the geforce kernel panic when performing a normal boot.

It works fine to boot -x but then I am told I do not have a keyboard connected. Unfortunately I don't have a USB keyboard. The mouse does not work either. I mean, my keyboard worked and mouse works when booting the DVD installer so someone please tell me there is someway around this when booting from disk, either with normal or -x mode. Thanks.