PDA

View Full Version : iPC on AMD Install Issue

prashanthv
01-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Hi I just downloaded and patched the iPC Install DVD with PPF1 & PPF2.
Booted up into darwin, pressed F8, and tried to run setup with "-v maxmem=2048" and I just get stuck at waiting for root device.
I tried to add "rd=disc2s0" but still no luck.
I have Vista on a IDE HDD and XP on the first SATA and blank FAT32 on the second SATA.

A few questions:
1. With the rd=discXsY, am I trying to boot into the DVD for install or the hard disk where I want to install OSX(SATA2)?
2. Is there a way I can verify which disks and partitions are where (that is the X and Ys in the rd=discXsY?
3. I am pretty sure I patched my ISO properly but checking with MD5 shows that it does not match any of the MD5 codes from the iPC website for plain, PPF1 or PPF2. Is this something I need to worry about right now?
4. Is there anything else I need to change/do?

Thanks.

terrorgen
01-10-2009, 07:32 AM
what is your southbridge chipset though?

it might not be supported.

prashanthv
01-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Chipset is SB400.
Also, I'm using a SATA DVD drive to boot the Install DVD. Could that cause any problems?

lateralusman
01-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Until I bought the right AMD board I could only use a IDE DVD and IDE hard drive so that may be your problem. Try installing on the IDE drive.

cmdshft
01-18-2009, 03:14 AM
Check your BIOS SATA ACHI settings.

If that doesn't work, make sure you installed a chipset driver. Even though it's in the notes you agree to when installing, most people still forget to do so and get that error.