PDA

View Full Version : iAtkos 5i Sleep & Shutdown Problem?

jaw3000
01-13-2009, 03:29 AM
I just decided to update an old kalyway install to 10.5.5 using iAtkos 5i. After installation, I upgraded to 10.5.6 using Software Update. Everything seems to work, except for shutdown and sleep. When shutting down, the system hangs at "cpu halted" (but restart works fine). Sleep causes the system to shut down. I believe shutdown worked prior to the 10.5.6 upgrade, but I didn't test sleep.

When installing, I selected EFI-v9, stock kernel, default decrypter and SMBIOS, and modified stock ACPI (shutdown/reboot fix that doesn't seem to work with 10.5.6 :), and disabler. After experiencing the shuttdown/sleep problems, I installed the OHR kext, which seemed to fix shutdown (although it takes a long time) but not sleep. System specs are in my signature.

In the past, I believe changing out the vanilla kernel or swapping SMBIOS fixed a similar issue with the old kalyway distro. However, I'm wondering if there are any other ACPI or the like fixes that would allow me to remain as stock as possible so I can have a upgradable system via Software Update. Thanks for any assistance!

System Specs: Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R, Intel Dual-Core E2180 2.0 GHz, ATI Radeon 2600XT 512MB DDR2 (Saphire), 4GB Crucial Ballistix Memory, 500GB WD SATA HD, 150 WD IDE HD, 100GB WD IDE HD, Samsung SATA DVD R/W drive.

tha_toadman
01-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Would you happen to have a DSDT file for this board, by chance? I highly doubt it but it's worth a shot to ask. I have that same motherboard.