PDA

View Full Version : Leo4Allv4.1 hangs before booting into installer

prashanthv
01-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Okay, so I tried for ages trying to fix my "waiting for root device" error while trying to install iPC. No success. After many frustrations, and a long wait to download Leo4All on a real slow connection, I am still stuck.

Luckily, there's no more waiting for root device error anymore. Still can't get to installer.
Boot up hangs at something like:

Cannot use ATS persistent store - switching to F0DB cache code
CODE_SIGNING: CS_INVALID_PAGE: p=119[somethinghere] something CS_VALID

In other, possibly unrelated news:

somthing discarbitration d[44]:
unable to mount /dev/disk0s1 0x00000047

which I think is the sole IDE hard drive I have hooked up to it.

I am booting the DVD from a SATA optical drive which I think is loaded as disk1s2.
I tried using -v -f flags (I get the root device error without -f).

Please help. I am starting to get real desperate here.

prashanthv
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
bump!!

Please help. I really need to get my system set up for OSX sometime soon.

lanceomni
01-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Have you tried -x Safe Mode?
-v -x -f

prashanthv
01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
yes. tried -v -f -x. along with system=osx86 and rd=disk0s0 and 0s1. almost all possible combinations of those.
is there any specific piece of hardware or bios setting that might be causing this because i tried turning off sata and that didn't work either.

lanceomni
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Did you burn at an extremely slow speed, despite verification?

prashanthv
01-15-2009, 02:31 PM
nero goes only as low as 4x so i did that.

max530
02-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I have the same laptop as prashantv, but mine is a HP dv6000 series. The same laptop specs apply. I also have the same problem, except iPC sometimes installs with a given set of flags, and other times (more often than not) it does not even get to the install screen with the same set of flags. I successfully got it to actually install, but after it reboots, it will not load past the white apple screen. It gets there, but it freezes eventually. I don't know if it is the options I customized with, but if it is, could someone please tell me what to choose?
PS if anyone was wondering, i have used the flags -f -x then another time I used -f -x -v and other combos. I just can't get it to boot lately. This is the only computer I can install this on, so if anyone could please help it would be so appreciated.

pederb
03-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Same problem on my HP dv5040 :-(