PDA

View Full Version : titan kext for geforce 6200

ziggy_909
01-14-2009, 07:04 PM
hi i need a titan kext for the above graphic card ... the latest i have found is from 2006...

im hoping this will run my openGL Etc... (will it?)

all the links on the wiki pages are dead...
anyone help a brother..!!!!!

Ianxxx
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Why not use efi string?

ziggy_909
01-14-2009, 11:26 PM
cheers for the reply ... i understand the first 3 words o.k... its the rest i have problems with .. ^_^

CyCLoBoT
01-15-2009, 01:40 AM
cheers for the reply ... i understand the first 3 words o.k... its the rest i have problems with .. ^_^

There is a program called EFIStudio which would generate the EFI string after you select the card that you have from the list (within the application). Then once you click on Add Device, it will generate a string (known as hex string) for you and it will give you an option to save it directly in the com.apple.boot file. Once its saved, remove the injector file (I assume in your case its Natit.kext) and restart the machine.

Also before you save it to the com.apple.boot file, make sure you make a copy of the file in your root drive. Its located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Just incase if the string doesn't work, you can revert back to the original one.

nfoav8or
01-15-2009, 03:03 AM
There is a program called EFIStudio which would generate the EFI string after you select the card that you have from the list (within the application). Then once you click on Add Device, it will generate a string (known as hex string) for you and it will give you an option to save it directly in the com.apple.boot file. Once its saved, remove the injector file (I assume in your case its Natit.kext) and restart the machine.

Also before you save it to the com.apple.boot file, make sure you make a copy of the file in your root drive. Its located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Just incase if the string doesn't work, you can revert back to the original one.

just to add on to this... you can also use pcwiz's OSx86 Tools Utility (http://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=48) to do this as well. You want to add the string in the com.apple.Boot.plist file right at the end before the </dict>
</plist>

in the end, your .plist file should look something like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>(the name of the default kernel you use)</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>(whatever boot flags you need or want to always use without typing in at every boot)</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>(whatever value in seconds you want)</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>**YOUR-EFI-STRING-HERE**</string>
</dict>
</plist>

CyCLoBoT
01-15-2009, 04:07 AM
With EFIStudio, the application puts the string automatically in the com.apple.boot plist file. Just thought I would mention it just in case if the person is not comfortable editing manually.

ziggy_909
01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
hi cheers for the info people ...

i have a version of EFIStudio version 1 ...

but the lowest graphics card on the list is a Geforce 7300 GT 128mb..

im looking for a Geforce 6200 128mb will this be a problem or will the device string work....

nfoav8or
01-16-2009, 07:43 AM
ahhem...

OSx86 Tools Utility (read above) provides down to the 6100 ... and yes it includes the 6200 128MB. Try it.

dell8300
12-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Once its saved, remove the injector file (I assume in your case its Natit.kext) and restart the machine.

Can someone tell me where I can find this Natit.kext file ? I've Googled a bit and did a file search on the Mac to no avail.

Thanks in advance.