PDA

View Full Version : trying to update kaliway 10.5.1

erick2red
01-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi guys:

my issue is i have kaliway 10.5.1 DVD installer, so i want to update to 10.5.6 but i don't know how, someone in the forum (who help me a lot) told me that i have to installs this prerequisites:
1. voodoo kernel 9.5
2. AppleDecrypter kext
3. Disabler kext
4. AppleSMBIOSEFI kext
5. Chameleon bootloader.

so now i've done that. my question is how do i have to update?

i have an Asus motherboard, with 82845G/GZ intel chipset driver and 8139 ethernet card... now i have the GMA kext functioning.

this are my hardware specs

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 650, 3400 MHz (17 x 200)
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (128 MB)
3D acelerator: Intel GMA 950
RAM: 1GB
Motherboard chipset:Intel Lakeport-G i945GC

Tipo de BIOS AMI (11/13/07)
BIOS:
Vendor HaierComputer
Versionn P5GC-TVM/S
Date 11/13/2007
Size 512 KB
Funciones disponibles Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Standards soportados DMI, APM, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
keyboard: ps2
mouse: usb

please any help would be great...

thanks anyway...

erick

erick2red
01-16-2009, 05:41 PM
i tried to update with 10.5.4 ComboUpd:

i run the installer until the restart button, then edited /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts and did the trick with dsmos kext and after restart i got freeze at boot, here are the screenshots

PS: i removed the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext

Dies
01-17-2009, 12:53 AM
There's nothing helpful, at least I don't think so, in those screenshots.

What boot options have you tried?

Have you tried booting with -v -f -F ?

Or into single user mode?

You could also try a different kernel just in case Voodoo doesn't like your cpu, though I'm pretty sure your chip should boot just fine with Voodoo.

nfoav8or
01-17-2009, 05:22 AM
well since you were booting with voodoo kernel fine before applying the update I am going to suggest booting with the boot flag "mach_kernel.voodoo -v -f" a few times as it will probably want to restart after running its scripts after initial boot.

EDIT: Those screenshots basically reflect a system that cannot load its chipset kext and is hanging... but then again, there are probably other things not right after the update such as permissions for some of the extensions... try booting with "-s" /sbin/mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/
chmod -R 755 Extensions/
chown -R 0:0 Extensions/
touch Extensions/
rm -Rf Extensions.*
reboot
see if that helps.

(oh, and also include the voodoo kernel in your boot flag if the com.apple.Boot.plist file doesn't specify it already)

erick2red
01-17-2009, 09:17 PM
well since you were booting with voodoo kernel fine before applying the update I am going to suggest booting with the boot flag "mach_kernel.voodoo -v -f" a few times as it will probably want to restart after running its scripts after initial boot.

EDIT: Those screenshots basically reflect a system that cannot load its chipset kext and is hanging... but then again, there are probably other things not right after the update such as permissions for some of the extensions... try booting with "-s" /sbin/mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/
chmod -R 755 Extensions/
chown -R 0:0 Extensions/
touch Extensions/
rm -Rf Extensions.*
reboot
see if that helps.

(oh, and also include the voodoo kernel in your boot flag if the com.apple.Boot.plist file doesn't specify it already)
already tried "-s" flag but it's just the same...
i will try to set the permissions right with the Terminal app from the kaliway DVD installer, so let's see

erick2red
01-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi guys:

my issue is i have kaliway 10.5.1 DVD installer, so i want to update to 10.5.6 but i don't know how, someone in the forum (who help me a lot) told me that i have to installs this prerequisites:
1. voodoo kernel 9.5
2. AppleDecrypter kext
3. Disabler kext
4. AppleSMBIOSEFI kext
5. Chameleon bootloader.

so now i've done that. my question is how do i have to update?

i have an Asus motherboard, with 82845G/GZ intel chipset driver and 8139 ethernet card... now i have the GMA kext functioning.

this are my hardware specs

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 650, 3400 MHz (17 x 200)
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (128 MB)
3D acelerator: Intel GMA 950
RAM: 1GB
Motherboard chipset:Intel Lakeport-G i945GC

Tipo de BIOS AMI (11/13/07)
BIOS:
Vendor HaierComputer
Versionn P5GC-TVM/S
Date 11/13/2007
Size 512 KB
Funciones disponibles Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Standards soportados DMI, APM, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
keyboard: ps2
mouse: usb

please any help would be great...

thanks anyway...

erick
tried with 10.5.6 ComboUpd and did all well except i havent mouse and keyboard, so...i read from the forum to replace ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIController.kext, but i haven't AppleACPIController.kext instead i replace AppleACPIPlataform kext but that giveme a KP, so don't know what to do...

when i go into single user i got this error: AppleUSBUHCI unable to initialize UIM...
is this the usb kext?

erick2red
01-19-2009, 04:50 PM
tried with 10.5.6 ComboUpd and did all well except i havent mouse and keyboard, so...i read from the forum to replace ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIController.kext, but i haven't AppleACPIController.kext instead i replace AppleACPIPlataform kext but that giveme a KP, so don't know what to do...

when i go into single user i got this error: AppleUSBUHCI unable to initialize UIM...
is this the usb kext?
fixed issue with PS2Nub kext, but now i'm getting KP at opening dmg images

erick2red
01-19-2009, 08:58 PM
fixed issue with PS2Nub kext, but now i'm getting KP at opening dmg images
fixed KP by restoring seatbelt kext,
but now i'm having problems with my usb devices, i plug in a usb flash and the system it says nothing....
don't know what to do....

eMatoS
01-19-2009, 09:30 PM
You need matching system.kext and kernel, it usually gives usb problems.

erick2red
01-19-2009, 09:46 PM
You need matching system.kext and kernel, it usually gives usb problems.
do i need to reinstall voodoo kernel?

OrangeJuice
01-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Use the voodoo installer and customize it to only install the system.kext

erick2red
01-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Use the voodoo installer and customize it to only install the system.kext
thanks, seems fixed.....

erick2red
01-22-2009, 11:21 PM
i have finally Mac OSX 10.5.6 working, so, thanks to everyone in the forum, specially to nfoav8or, who was definitely the man who first and more help to this....