My computer specs are as followed:

Acer Aspire m5620
Acer G33t-AM Mobo
Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4Ghz
Hitachi 500GB Hard Drive SATA
nVidia 8600GT 256MB
5GB Memory Ram
ICH9R

There is no way i can change the SATA mod on bios, its greyed out so i can't highlight it to change it to AHCI at all.

Tried installing with all distro's out there (iatkos, ideneb, iPC, leo4all and kalyway (10.5.2 worked but combo update didnt work).

Seems like the mian problem is "waitng for root device" after the installation process.

What could be the main problem? Help please? :-/

nfoav8or
01-24-2009, 05:17 AM
use the 10.5.2 install DVD.

then use single updates with the method outlined by naquaada here (http://www.infinitemac.com/f36/zephyroths-software-news-update-2008-aug-18-t1385/) and pay attention to the part about Watching your Downloads folder. Then use Single updates available through Apple's Download page and patch them each individually. Then use each update to get your system up to date. Also, make sure your kernel and kexts are current for the version you are installing.

This is supposing the voodoo kernel doesn't work.

If it does, then the voodoo kernel should be installed first then specify the kernel (mach_kernel.voodoo) in your boot flags during updating with apple software update.

5enses
01-24-2009, 07:29 AM
But isn't that for AMD? :-|

If i have to use this method could you simplify this method any further? I'm sorta having clouds over my head lol