PDA

View Full Version : boot failed

Artcool
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM
yesterday i format one of my only disk partition (was in fat 32) to Mac OS Journaled . This disk have 3 partitions (one is OSX boot with leopard 10.5.6, working ; the 2nd and 3rd were in NTFS), well...i decided Erase and format one of this NTFS...in MAC OS Journaled....format OK....

today i powered up my PC and surprise....it just dont boot....msg is it cant find boot.plist.....

Does the format i did yesterday mess my startup disk ? I tried to enter Disk Utility (with DVD install) and when repairing my OSX disk , i saw it was mounted as /Volumes/OSXLeopard...

i think this will have to be mounted in / ....is this true ? how can i repair this all thing ?

thkx...

EDIT : solved.....sorry for bothering your all with this noob like questions...anyway i did not knew if one format one of the startup disk partitions (my case i had 3 : part 1 = ntfs , part 2 = ntfs , part 3 = HFS+ (OSX)) , the number 2 (ntfs) to Mac OS Journaled , this will automaticaly mark this partition as Active...thus making my part 3 (OSX) with no way of boot..

just made my OSX part as Active and all is ok now, saw this way in google search (i'm new in this osx world..so some errors are easy to made ) :cool::

1- boot with install DVD
2- Utilities / Terminal
3- type : diskutil list

(verify which disk number holds the OSX partition : disk0 , disk1...etc...)

4- type : fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX

(change X with number of disk you got from "diskutil list" in point 3 of this explanation)

5- type : p

(verify which partition number belongs to OSX (1...2....3...etc..) )

(assuming the OSX partition is number 0 )

6- type : f 0

7- type : write

8- type : y

9- type : exit

10- remove the install DVD and reboot