PDA

View Full Version : Installation disk corrupted, files missing

daren
01-25-2009, 02:26 PM
I patched the iPC OSX86 10.5.6 Final iso (md5checksum was fine) and got it to the install phase, but the disk verification fails everytime. I have burned the DVD with 2 different computers, on 2 operating system and to all types of DVD's but everytime it fails. I have checked the checksum of the DVD after the burn process and it matches to the original. I had the same problem with iDeneb. Where could the problem be? Is there any way to continue the installtion even the setup says that the disk is corrupted. :mad:

nfoav8or
01-25-2009, 11:00 PM
1. How fast are you burning this DVD? I'd recommend no faster than 4x.
2. Have you tried pressing the "skip" button during verification? sometimes when a distro is created it doesn't pass its own verification (because the thought for that wasn't put into it) yet it will still install fine. Doesn't hurt to try.

daren
01-26-2009, 12:01 AM
1. How fast are you burning this DVD? I'd recommend no faster than 4x.
2. Have you tried pressing the "skip" button during verification? sometimes when a distro is created it doesn't pass its own verification (because the thought for that wasn't put into it) yet it will still install fine. Doesn't hurt to try.

I've tried with 2x and 4x. I have checked the DVD after burning with the burn program and they have passed the check so the DVD's should not be corrupted

Skipping the verification doesn't help, the install starts but then it fails after 2-3min and says that files are missing.

Dies
01-26-2009, 01:51 AM
You said you patched the disk? What exactly do you mean and did it work before patching?

daren
01-26-2009, 11:17 AM
You said you patched the disk? What exactly do you mean and did it work before patching?

I patched the iso with iPCNForce.ppf and it didn't work before either. The md5 checksums are correct. This is happening with iDeneb too so the problem must be somewhere else.