PDA

View Full Version : DSDT and AppleSMBIOS Patches.....?

keepfrosty
01-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Ok so i'm attempting to install iPC. I've attempted different options but all end up with a botched installation. Now what my question is what DSDT and what AppleSMBIOS patch should I select when installing?

I'm running an AMD CPU on an Asus AN8-E mobo with nForce4. So when I go to install i choose the following option (as a start point... once I get the install to boot i'll add more):

Voodoo 9.5.0 Kernel
AppleNFORCEATA nForce Drivers
Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5
Chameleon with SMBIOS/DSDT

I leave out ethernet, audio and video right now until i get it booting. Now should I select any of the alternate disabler's? I'm not 100% sure also i'm installing this onto an IDE drive if that makes any difference.

keepfrosty
01-29-2009, 06:40 AM
anyone able to help ?

milanca
02-02-2009, 03:31 AM
keepfrosty:

Hi,

DSDT and Chameleon with SMBIOS patches is actually a modified chameleon bootloader (by mackerintel); it replaces chameleon's 'boot' file in the root of the installation partition with modified one. While booting it looks first for dsdt.aml in your root folder and smbios patches option lets you use vanilla smbios just with adequate strings in your com.apple.boot.plist. This way you can fix/add various things with dsdt and avoid using smbiosresolver or smbiosefi injectors. If you don't have strings added (or dsdt.aml) placed where bootloader is expecting them, it is just ignored, and it will work just as regular chameleon bootloader does.

So the cause that your system fails to boot is maybe wrong chipset driver (I just suspect). To clear this all out, try searching for solution/experiences with nforce4 chipset and IDE drive. I don't have such a system so i can't tell for sure. You can check what other guys with similar or the same motherboard said and how they succeeded making their systems work.

Hope it helps a bit.

keepfrosty
02-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Thanx I just wasn't 100% sure what options to choose but by the looks of I'm not 100% sure whats causing my Kernal Panic when i boot i seen to get an ebios error

but i should be able to just simple check off the iPC/Voodoo Kernel/Chipset/Ethernet/Sound/Seatbelt options and it hopefully boots... here goes nothing.... again