View Full Version : i need some advice and help

mintyfresh94
01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Heey guys i have an acer aspire 4720z
here are the specs

Operating System
windows 7 32 bit

Intel® Pentium® dual-core mobile processor
T2310 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.46, 533 MHz FSB)

Ram-2gb

Graphics
Mobile Intel® GL960 Express Chipset with
integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel®
Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (Intel® GMA
X3100) with up to 358 MB of Intel® Dynamic
Video Memory Technology

Sound
Audio Dolby®5-certified sound system with two builtin
stereo speakers
Intel® High Definition Audio support
S/PDIF6 (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can i run mac os x leopard on it? if so which prepatched mac os x iso would work best with installing?
I would really appreciate some help

milanca
01-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Hello and welcome to InfiniteMac forum board.

Yes, you can run OSX on it and pretty well, i am sure. Which distro? well you can pick from many of them, i'd suggest installing the one with latest version of osx and they all cover full variety of chipset and other drivers. I am not sure if DualCore can handle vanilla kernel, i think not, so you will use the latest voodoo kernel which is also great. You can check on osx86 wiki HCL, hardware compatibility list, to see what the others said about yours or similar aspire models. IMHO, as your graphics is supported, chipset also i think, you can just pick one of the latest distros and you'll be great. Later on everything will go one step at the time :-)

mintyfresh94
01-28-2009, 02:12 AM
where can i download the voodoo kernal or is that an addon? i just want to know which iso i should get lik kalyway or the other ones.

sorry im new at this

nfoav8or
01-28-2009, 03:14 AM
if you use the distro iPC then the voodoo kernel is incorporated in, but if you use another distro and it isn't, then you can get it from the XNU-dev's site @ http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/

mintyfresh94
01-28-2009, 04:50 AM
how do i innstall voodoo instead of vanilla? i am using the kalaway 10.5.2 how do i get it to work or set it up?

nfoav8or
01-28-2009, 10:29 AM
if you've installed from an OSx86 distro, then chances are you aren't using a vanilla kernel. download the kernel and either run the installer or we could go through a little more complicated method to do it. For beginners its just easier to run the installer. make sure you grab a copy of AppleDecrypt.kext, AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext, and Disabler.kext for the voodoo kernel to work smoothly with your system as you update. If you need these, ask and I'll PM you some links.

mintyfresh94
01-28-2009, 06:15 PM
id aooreciate if you could send me those kext
thqnks