PDA

View Full Version : Ichat screenshareing won't work

oneshot
01-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Everytime I try to screen share I will start screen shareing for about 1 sec and then it will stop and this message pops up

http://i40.tinypic.com/2s7f0pd.png

Video chat and audio chat don't work as well. This has never happened before and I haven't installed or updated anything in OSX.....

Does anyone have a solution?

OrangeJuice
02-01-2009, 04:34 AM
Same problem, no idea why.

cmdshft
02-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Both you and the party you are trying to connect to may need to reboot your systems. I've had this issue a few times with some of my friends, rebooting fixed it.

oneshot
02-01-2009, 10:40 AM
That didn't work. This problem has been going on for quite some time and its getting annoying...

Apple never makes updates for ichat so I can't modify ichat very much. ya know?

But I'm sure there is a solution.

oneshot
02-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Anyone? Sorry for double posting but this thread is getting further and further down in the forum every day and my problem is unsolved? Only one answer so far and 100 views.

Even if there is absolutely nothing that I can do then It would be great if you could let me know that.

cmdshft
02-04-2009, 04:36 AM
The only thing I can think of is check your firewall/router settings.

Install Little Snitch and watch how iChat tries to connect to the screen sharing session in the network monitor. If it shows a port, try forwarding the port in both your software and hardware firewalls and see if that works. If you've done so on your end and you still have the issue, have your peer (the person you are trying to connect to) do the same.

Screen sharing might be off in either/both your and your peers system preferences. You can find this under the Sharing option in System Preferences, and make sure Screen Sharing is turned on.

aquanutz
02-04-2009, 06:05 PM
My issue with screen sharing with iChat is that I can see the screen initially but then it enver updates... So I just get a static screen or it turns to a blurry mess. Heh, never had it disconnect though.

R0GUE
02-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Back in the days before the Voodoo kernel was released, my hack would sometimes suffer from this very same problem. I would boot using cpus=1 to remedy it. It's worth a shot.

oneshot
02-07-2009, 12:54 PM
okay thank you for the help =)

I found out that my friend was the one who's ichat isn't working though and he has a mac so hes probably going to take it into the apple store =)

Thanks for all your help!