PDA

View Full Version : OSx86 issuses

Panda
02-02-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't know if this has been asked i've tried looking around but can't seem to find it so i just decided to ask. I'm trying to get mac osx (of course) on my pc but it doesn't seem to work correctly heres what i got

HP Pavilion dv6000
intel duo core 2
nvidia 8400 gs

i am trying to pull this off from an external HD the install has been successful but when it tries to run i keep getting a dark grey screen saying to "restart my computer by pressing the power button" i've done this servral times but still keep getting the same thing any ideas?

cmdshft
02-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Which distro are you using?

Also, that screen is called a "Kernel Panic" (akin to the Windows BSOD).

If it looks like this (http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/HT1392/106227_3.jpg), then I would suggest trying another distro if swapping around BIOS settings doesn't help.

If it looks like this (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sD2YV-xd-YU/RsLtTbmV-cI/AAAAAAAABTE/6khgIVrW2Bc/s400/106227_1.jpg), then please take a photo and post the image here so we can take a look at the error that is occurring which could possibly help you to continue to use your current distro, but no guarantee.

Panda
02-02-2009, 11:44 PM
cool thanks yeah its the first one i'll go ahead and try a different distro i've tries differnt BIOS settings can't seem to get the right one is there a list of config settings?

cmdshft
02-03-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't know a lot about HP machines and their BIOS setup, some computer makers cripple the BIOS.

Panda
02-03-2009, 10:29 PM
im trying to running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3 should i try something else like Leo4allv3 or iATKOS_v2.0i?

Dies
02-04-2009, 11:20 AM
When the machine first starts up and you see the boot loader hit any key, you should now see a boot prompt

boot:

at that prompt type "-v -f -F" with no quotes of course, this should give you a lot of output, and maybe there will be something helpful in there. Post a pic.