PDA

View Full Version : USB issues

VeryNice
02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey guys I don't know how to fix this ..

If I leave anything USB in while I reboot ie. external hdd and dvd burner they all get really slow maybe down to usb 1.
Second if I leave my printer,external and usb dvd burner in when I reboot my usb keyboard and mouse lock up and I have to do a hard reboot. It really burns to have to unplug everything but the keyboard and mouse. Anyone else have this problem ?

kocoman
02-04-2009, 08:27 PM
yes I have this problem too on msi motherboard, even I am using external PCI usb card. have you try plug and unplug the usb keyboard?

VeryNice
02-04-2009, 08:59 PM
When booting up ? It's seems even if I unplug a usb HDD as it's restarting it'll still kill me mouse... It's bizarre. Like I just rebooted and left all my usb HDD's connected and my mouse was fine upong reboot but all my drives are super slow, like I said before it's like it down to usb 1.1 . It's either it freezes or the usb devices are slow. But if they are all unplugged except for the keyboard and mouse it's no problems... mest up

kocoman
02-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Check your system logs [with the console application] and see if you have many usb timeouts, or some messages about the BIOS on unable to gain control.

VeryNice
02-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Okay I kind of narrowed it down. In profiler I have USB Bus > which is printer , keyboard and mouse that transfers at 12 mb/s also there is USB High-Speed Bus > External HDD and thumbdrive that transfer at up to 480 mb/s.

When I reboot and leave them plugged in the External HDD and Thumbdrive revert the USB bus which only transfers at 12 mb/s.

Why does it do that at startup ? Is there any way to fix that ?

kocoman
02-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Hmm, for that you would need to buy another hub, then plug your keyboard/mouse into it.

its connecting at the lowest common denominator.

VeryNice
02-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Damn eh, I think there's a few people that have this issue. Thanks for the tips , at least for now I'll just turn off my external and usb burner when I reboot , no biggy I guess.

LawlessPPC
02-08-2009, 02:33 AM
does your system kext match your kernel and is it sb600 chipset

VeryNice
02-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Well in the system.kext in the info.plist it show 9.5.0 which is correct as I have voodoo 9.5.0 but in the version.plist is shows 9.4.0 , would this affect it ? Also I have nforce4 mobo mcp61

here's the info.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
<string>System Resource Pseudoextension, Apple Computer Inc, 9.5.0</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.kernel</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>System Resource Pseudoextension</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>9.5.0</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>9.5.0</string>
<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>
<string>9.5.0</string>
<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Root</string>
<key>OSKernelResource</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>

here's the version.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>9.4.0</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>9.4.0</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<string>xnu</string>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>12280520</string>
</dict>
</plist>

kocoman
02-15-2009, 07:02 PM
I am using kernel voodoo 9.6.0 and system.kext 9.6.0 and still have usb keyboard/mouse problems in a vanilla install. but I am using mcp51

iwantretailmac
07-09-2009, 12:00 PM
The developers really need to repast the codes for mcp51 motherboard.
There too have a issue in ethernet cards.

I will wait for some news.

Best regards

Iwantretailmac