PDA

View Full Version : Install trouble HP TX 2500 10.5.5 Please help!

benbern125
02-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Please help I've tried 3 different distros(iDeneb 10.5.4, iDeneb 10.5.5, and Kalyway with chameleon patch) all to end up with the same dreadful error
I checked the MD5 of the isos and verified the burn after at 2X speed (lowest it would go)
I've tried every flag imaginable (-x -v -s -f -F platform=ACPI/X86PC cpus=1 rd=disk0s2 ect.)

I've seen other people with tx2500s that have had success so I know it's not impossible, but no one that I know of has had a fix to this problem!

PC info:
HP TX2500
processor:AMD Turion X2 70 (2.0Ghz)
chipset: AMD 780
3GB RAM
250GB Hard Drive

Help is Appreciated!!!

Some stuff prior to this...
MAC Framework Successfully initialized
using 14417 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;use only one style.
IOAPIC:Version 0x21 Vectors 0:23
ACPI: System state [S0 s3 S4 S5] (S3)
ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - pmCPUcontrol (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0xffffffff
Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;use only one style.
Extension "rtl.r1000.nic.ext" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;use only one style.
ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics Touchpad v6.3
mbinit: done
Security Auditing service present
BSM auditing present
From Path: "uuid".
Waiting for boot volume with UUID A906DF8E-9FA8-32B9-8D38-6437A619DC54
waiting on <dict ID=0><Key><IOProviderClass,/key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
USBF 3.113 AppleUSBOHCI[hex#]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
USBF 3.145 AppleUSBOHCI[hex#]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
USBF 3.117 AppleUSBOHCI[hex#]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
USBF 3.209 AppleUSBOHCI[hex#]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
USBF 8.242 AppleUSBOHCI[hex#]::UIMInitialize Non-NULL hcDoneHead: 0xafd99620
USBF 8.273 AppleUSBOHCI[hex#]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
Still Waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device

P.S. I've been trying to get this working for about 6 months now so all the help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Voyn1x
02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Have you tried the instructions oulined here?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118357

benbern125
02-10-2009, 04:36 AM
Yes, actually some of the posts in that forum are mine.
Everyone in that forum seems to have either got it working by simply booting from the DVD or gets a "still waiting for root device" error, but everyone I've seen that gets this error has given up (or gotten it to work and forgot about the forums lol).
I am downloading the newest version of Kalyway and will try that again (have already tried it once, but I didnt check the MD5 so MAYBE it was corrupt, and I will post the results here.
Does anyone actually know what causes the "still waiting for root device error" - I've read a few posts that say it's waiting for the DVD drive to supply more information, which I interpret to mean that it is probably a bad type of disk (but I have also tried 2 of them). So does anyone know what causes that specific error? After I get the USBF lines I can hear the drop stop spinning, and thats when I get the still waiting for root device. I've also read that the sata DVD drive might have something to do with it, but I dont know the steps to take to try to work around that.
All help is greatly appreciated!

ozzeh
02-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Hey, welcome to my boat. What model hard drive and cd rom do you have? Bios?

I have the hitachi 160?gb sata drive, and the non lightscribe dvd drive "Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560S ATA Device"

Thread I started for the same issue:
http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/another-sb700-issue-t2053/

Im honestly thinking it's our dvd if we have the same one. I see people unable to boot ubuntu with the same drives, If i could somehow find a flash drive big enough (or if anyone knows if i can use my nano exactly like a usb stick), I could test it

benbern125
02-10-2009, 07:59 PM
So you get the same diagnostic error message as me in verbose mode?

I have the Fujitsu 250 GB hard drive, but the hard drive shouldn't have anything to do it booting from the DVD drive. I have the Optiarc DVD RW AD-7561S ATA Device, which is the same thing as yours but with lightscribe.
Also, if you plug in your nano to your computer and let it load with itunes, the main screen will have an option that says "enable disk use". When you enable disk use you can plug it into your computer and use it as a jump drive. Be aware that you will probably have to format it and therefore wipe all of your music, so back it up.
I have a 1TB hard drive with a windows partition, so I've been reading about how to format a partition to show up at boot, but i've been unsuccessful so far in finding exactly how I need to format it and how to save the iso on the drive so that when I boot from USB, the computer will know to use that partition and boot the image. If you know more about this and can help me out, please let me know (because you will probably have to do the same thing for your nano).
I am determined to get this to work!!!
P.S. I also have a nano that I can try to boot from, I just have this hard drive also so if you discover a way with the nano, please put details here.
But I think the setting for the nano you are looking for is "enable disk use" - it will then show up in my computer and you can do whatever you please with it

ozzeh
02-10-2009, 10:18 PM
BIOS didnt detect my nano, possibly could be because it technically wasn't bootable at the time. Tried rawriting the flat image to my hard drive, but for some reason the partition was corrupted, and I dont want to wipe the whole disk like the instructions call for.

ozzeh
02-11-2009, 07:45 AM
I just stopped bouncing off the walls enough to post that THE DAMN THING IS NOW WORKING!

Look for the leopard flat image, dd that to a blank partition using this command, changing Harddisk and Partition numbers
dd if=leopard-x86-flat-img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition2 bs=32256 skip=1 --progress

google "dd for windows", first result, then load up a gparted live disc, go into the terminal and do

sudo fdisk /dev/sda
p
t
(whatever partition number, mine was 2)
AF
W

all i did then was load up a modified version of iPC (stock probably still works, if not inject AppleATIATA.kext with your device id), using boot flag -v rd=disk0s2 (the partition it was installed on). Still cant see our dvd from inside osx so im thinking that was the problem all along, anyway, now its time to get things fixed, screenshots coming soon

benbern125
02-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Awesome!!!! Ozzeh you're a lifesaver!!... Mine's got some things wrong, but I can at least boot into OS X!!!!!! (well I say boot, I got the HFS+ Partition error, fixed that, then am still getting "no boot device found, so I still have to boot with DVD in drive) .. Wifi isn't working (i guess we can find the kext somewhere), and I think I'm going to try to find a power management bundle to try. But other that it's working awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much to everyone for their help!!!!

ozzeh
02-16-2009, 12:38 AM
the b/g card apparently works if you modify the IO80211Family.kext, but I get a link/load error when i try to kextload -t it, so im not too sure there. Powermanagement didnt work for me, i tried vanilla acpiplatform.kext, and the modified one. It actually seems like no matter what kexts i modify, no changes actually take place

nzSkitzo
05-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi guys, I have been having exactly the same issues! Wow it's so awesome to hear that there may be some hope for me after all (although I am running a different system).

AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core
Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5
SB600 chipset
4GB Gskill 1066 mhz RAM
1TB Samsung SATA HDD
Geforce 8800GT

I have done everything as you describe above, took me a while to figure out where to get the files but I've finally got everything sorted.

Once I have done everything I reboot the system with the iPC disk and enter the -v rd=disk0s2 command but it doesn't seem to get anywhere. I'm thinking because I have the disk / partition number wrong.

How do I find out exactly what disk I am going for? When in gparted it is the first disk, does that mean I need to do disk0s1 or disk 1s1 (I'm taking that to mean disk/partition).

So I guess my question is 1. Does windows/linux/dos see drives as the same device number? is the first hdd number 0 or number 1?

If I get it right will it stop saying:
Waiting for boot volume with UUID A906DF8E-9FA8-32B9-8D38-6437A619DC54

Thank you in advance!