PDA

View Full Version : No Display, no mouse, no keyboard. XPS M1210

Ugafan31605
02-09-2009, 09:43 PM
First of all, I'd like to say that I am sorry if this question has already been addressed. I have looked until I am blue in the face and can find nothing to help me.

Trying to Install a retail copy of OS X 10.5.1 onto a Dell XPS M1210

I seem to be getting the best results using Boot 132, so until someone points me otherwise I will continue.

Here is what happens:

Boot from Boot 132, I tried -v -f and neither helps.

I put in the retail DVD.

I get the Gray screen with the apple and a wait icon.

I wait....

Screen turns black, And that's it.

I tried hooking up and external monitor, I get a very jarbled screen, but I can tell it is MAC, keyboard and mouse dosen't work. If I use a USB mouse it'll work. But the graphics are really bad.

If anyone knows what to do, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ianxxx
02-09-2009, 10:27 PM
boot with -x
then tell us what happens

Ugafan31605
02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
boot with -x
then tell us what happens

No change...

Ugafan31605
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Thought I would elaborate a little on my situation in hopes of getting some answers.

I'm using Boot 132. If anyone has a better option please let me know.

It seems to me that maybe some drivers that are required are not being loaded. Such as display drivers, PS2 drivers. I beleive if I can get over that hurdle all will be good.

My intentions are to install OSX as a dual boot along side XP. I have a retail copy of OSX, it's the family pack. Don't know if the family pack part would make a difference.

All help would be appreciated. I have seen many post of people install OSX on the XPS M1210, so I am confident it can be done.

Thanks